IFish.net banner

941 - 960 of 1706 Posts

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
The whole outdoors sector is down, earnings will be the catalyst and decide the future. I'm in the bag on my holdings right now. I've swung poww 3 times already.

Poww got a jump last week before the ceo chose to leak earnings early (revenue). To be anything more than a swing trade for me, they have to prove they're profitable.

There's a reason I own a large position in vsto right now, I'm banking on a market reaction to their earnings that'll match the 40% poww got. My plan is to scale out right after to a more reasonable percentage and hold.

This will be a narrative so scroll by if your just looking for a ticker to follow..

On DD I literally am so far down the rabbit hole it'll take a while to type out.

I have 3 specific types of plays I do.

Quick flips and scalps:

These have to have immediate decisions made. When I get an alert, I immediately look at the graph and take the 1d, 1w, 1m, 1 year graph and look if it's a new stock, I'm looking trends. Ideally it's cinsolidated and been stable for a little bit with a solid price bottom, then it's just volume and float that determine the magnitude of the run, I try to get in and out on these quick.

Expr this afternoon was a prime example of that, got an alert, looked at the graph, saw my entry point was less than 7% above the daily average and boom magic happened.

Red arrow was entry, once in a while a I get lucky. I'd consider the second dip, but only if you day trade.

Swings

Its got to have low float, volume, cash on hand, and be in a sector that has momentum, I try to determine those things, and look for an entry point.. I scale out as they go up just to preserve earnings unless the trend is looking too good, then I'll scale in for a bit more, I'm always eyeing the next resistance level and an exit strategy.

Sndl is an example of how a company with not enough cash on hand can kill a swing, I was looking for a break out over. 80 then 1.00, it was on track to get there but they did yet another shelf offering (releasing more shares). It's peers like TLRY and APHA ripped while offerings stagnated sndl. It's worth noting. Tops, idex. And others are notorious for doing this and should only be scalped or daytraded.

Longterm

Either great earnings or great potential, I'm looking at long-term holds in sub 50 range for growth.

Pltr, petq, vsto, tls, clov, lotz etc are examples of this.

Any lithium, ev, solar, green etf will be hot right now if you're not wanting to tie your horse to any wagon. I'm anxiously awaiting arrks space etf to get in on it.

Pennys,

Right sector with movement and you get paid typically, start small always as risk is high and don't be afraid to walk away, or sit on bag's. I've held tnsp in the red for darn near 3 months, but it's finally back. There otc so not nearly as predictable as other stocks. The key here for me is too not be too deep in them, a significant amount of draws way too much money for my add having self.

My two favorite penny buys to date are nwbo @.13 and .38 and Cydvf @.40. Nwbo was like a 2000% gain when I sold. I've lost in tlss, invu as well. So it's not all roses, but my gains far out weigh my losses, overall so it's a component small component of my over all strategy.

Options

I do them sparingly, although I've done well on the ones I've done, I'm in no position to give advice on them. Honestly they make me nervous and I usually don't take them to their full potential..

Leads and alerts:

All of these the below are free, I don't pay a nickel for any of them.

I get them off twitter from well known new school traders pj matlock, ripster, hugh henne, eves trades and about 30 others.

I'm a member of a couple free discord groups, discord is a chat server, as real time as it gets, but without being able to disseminate the massive amount of information there, you'll screw it up more than you'll make it.

I've got 3 text groups of guys who trade like me, they're absolutely real time and they disseminate information from a lot of the same places so I don't have to look while I'm working.

I also read social media alot and put stocks i see mentioned, infact nearly all of them in Google finance on my phone, takes 30 seconds and I can review them at my leisure to make other decisions.

Stockwits has a lot of information as well.

I have no issues sharing as this isn't a secret hunting spot or fishing spot, me making money doesn't affect you making money.

I get up early to trade pre market and do research, a lot of money is made pre and post market hours.

I've got a lot of friends on this board and they'll tell you, I've got 2 speeds all in or all out, I want to be good at it or I'm not interested. I spend 3-4 hours a day researching and trading, I've still not mastered it, but I'm improving.

I don't know large caps, I play small caps exclusively because of the risk reward profile and my account isn't large enough to devote the volume to make a trade on a 75.00 share stock worth it to me. That will change, when I started, a 5.00 a share stock was expensive.

I'm hoping that by giving an honest update it'll be of help to others and maybe spark an interest in someone to allow them to improve their financial outlook and learn from my mistakes. I've been in this site for nearly 20 years and learned a ton, so I have no issues giving back.

As always, I'm not a financial advisor..

BTW here's the graph in pltr from today for reference, I've owned since the ipo. You find a graph wedging towards consolidation, there's only a couple ways it can go. Good stock usually equals gains..

Vsto chart for reference

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Anyone betting on future recovery of cruise lines? Have positions in ccl and nclh I will add to when the time is right. Selling for a bargain... if they survive.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Anyone betting on future recovery of cruise lines? Have positions in ccl and nclh I will add to when the time is right. Selling for a bargain... if they survive.
I'm not right now, there's so much money to be made right now in other sectors that tieing up capital on a long shot isn't something I'm willing to do.

People are creatures of habits, the longer this pandemic goes on, the more likely people are to permanently change their habits making the recovery for things like cruise lines less likely to get back up to 100% pre pandemic.

Look at movies for example, I can rent new releases like croods 2 at home for 20.00, we used to go to the movies once a month, I doubt we'll go back anytime soon now that I can rent them at home and watch on my cheap big screen TV.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,636 Posts
I was in to NCLH when the big sell off hit last spring and held it for a while. It recovered some of way and then fell back and pretty much stabilized. Sold it not too long ago. I see it's up a bit from when I sold it, but it seems to me to be a long term hold to come out. There are better opportunities but I think a year from now it will have appreciated 50% or so - MAYBE. For $5 you can get a Jan 2022 $30 call. Cost you $500 to play. If you can double, triple or better your cost, sell it. Worst thing that can happen is you lose $500. Current price is $25ish. Lock up $2500 to hope it goes up or $500?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I was in to NCLH when the big sell off hit last spring and held it for a while. It recovered some of way and then fell back and pretty much stabilized. Sold it not too long ago. I see it's up a bit from when I sold it, but it seems to me to be a long term hold to come out. There are better opportunities but I think a year from now it will have appreciated 50% or so - MAYBE. For $5 you can get a Jan 2022 $30 call. Cost you $500 to play. If you can double, triple or better your cost, sell it. Worst thing that can happen is you lose $500. Current price is $25ish. Lock up $2500 to hope it goes up or $500?
I like that idea Don. Will seriously look into it.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #947 (Edited)
A close family friend, a total class act, says we are in a bubble. Dugh. He donated over $1 B to fight climate change. The Grantham Foundation. The real bubble maker was the 1st stimulus imho, which was a total cop out corporate give away. So what are we supposed to do? Stay diversified is all I can say. Bonds have a negative yield. Buy USB Monday. Buy physical gold maybe, idk....physical gold is not even that cheap. Stationary for 6 months, but still near all time high. So I bought USB and it pays 3.5%..at a huge discount last couple days. Still good Monday.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ate-the-stock-market-bubble-2021-1-1029995954

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Donated a billion dollars to fight climate change?

Hoo boy, that’s great!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Anybody else have ORMP?

·
Registered
876 Posts
What a wild day for POWW!

It was down 17% this morning on no news, so I doubled my position in it, and now it looks like it’s going to finish the day up a couple percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
https://wccftech.com/lucid-motors-a...5F8NUPS_Yqpze4LKyoFQVUNa8Uao73SG8ZH1w8MiBzTxw

News on CCIV- Kinda what I thought with the Saudi's having so much control.

Today didn't suck- Absolutely crazy day in the market.

Had a great time selling this morning on all my TH/FR plays. Saw the breaker pop around 9 and the massive drop, put my big boy pants on for once (I've panic sold a bunch) doubled down on some of these.

Some of my pennies got serious legs today..

I bought some more OLN on the drop, 1/29 earnings call, could be good.

Bought OEG at 6 and change on the drop and added long term

Bought ABML and added LT, they are in the process of getting uplisted from OTC to Nasdaq, when that happens it'll be huge.

Small oil is getting snapped up (AMPY CDEV etc)

SENS looks like a good swing play.

DPW is on my radar, held back by an offering, has potential.

PRTS

BB and NOK are getting hyped by Reddit, same guys that ran GME to 160 today at it's peak. It's literally a game to the 2.1 million users on that board to sink Hedge fund guys and shorters.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/25/cra...m.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar

With all the covid news, I'll looking back at some fun ones from the summer.

Ibio, VXRT, VIRI etc.

On Spac news..

CLII, if this follows SBE could be huge.

Just in case you're still wondering, not a financial advisor.

·
Premium Member
16,636 Posts
Bought that Norwegian Cruise Lines call this morning and finished up about flat. It's a longer term play and has until next January to mature. Also rolled my Tesla Jun 1000 call over to a Sep 1500 call. Cost me $4k but that's cheap for $50k bump if it hits.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
A close family friend, a total class act, says we are in a bubble. Dugh. He donated over $1 B to fight climate change. The Grantham Foundation. The real bubble maker was the 1st stimulus imho, which was a total cop out corporate give away. So what are we supposed to do? Stay diversified is all I can say. Bonds have a negative yield. Buy USB Monday. Buy physical gold maybe, idk....physical gold is not even that cheap. Stationary for 6 months, but still near all time high. So I bought USB and it pays 3.5%..at a huge discount last couple days. Still good Monday.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ate-the-stock-market-bubble-2021-1-1029995954
I'd also consider going nuts, this proposed second stimulus will double the bubble, buy a bunch and set trailing stop losses.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
You are friends with the Granthams? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #957
Cool new look, ifish. Yes, and I urge everyone to watch this link. Stay diversified, look for yield....
I'm accumulating FNF, USB and KHC at these prices and with their yield. Took some profits on aggressive growth stocks, which are undergoing a huge correction in the last week or so. Be careful out there!

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
The new administration is supposed to be announcing complete transition to ev shortly..

Wkhs/xl/nga are going to rip on that news imho.

Other market new the reddit vs Wallstreet war continues, GME over 100 today again (not playing this one).

Fascinating to watch, basically an angry mob taking on Goldman sachs, they've already almost put 2 hedge funds under.

Amc/bb/nok are rumored next.

Oeg announced a partner ship to turn decommissioned coal plants into solar, given the current administration in holding long now.

Earnings come out a bunch these upcoming weeks, I'm loading up in options on some I think we'll go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Been watching Workhorse since last summer when the price was being driving up by people who thought it was going to get the USPS contact. Of course it couldn't possibly get the contract under the politics of that time. Almost forgot to buy it last week when that all changed and it became the obvious favorite to win the contract. Remembered on Friday and bought it at $23.

·
Premium Member
16,636 Posts
Cool new look, ifish. Yes, and I urge everyone to watch this link. Stay diversified, look for yield....
I'm ac***ulating FNF, USB and KHC at these prices and with their yield. Took some profits on aggressive growth stocks, which are undergoing a huge correction in the last week or so. Be careful out there!

Hey now, watch your language! Naughty word filter busted you.

941 - 960 of 1706 Posts