IFish Fishing Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 2422 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
Apple is one of those stocks that defies gravity. I play it from time to time on pullbacks and tide it up for a trade. But it would be a good one to sit on. Go back 10 years and chart compare it with the S&P. Microsoft would be another.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,382 ·
I know, I sold MSFT couple years ago thinking it had seen it best days. For those who have been at this awhile, you might recall maybe like 20 years ago when it did almost nothing...other than pay a 3% dividend. One of my Dad's advisory newsletters had been recommending it for years based on all the things that have catalyzed the growth over the last few years, but it just say there. Once it got rolling....another I wish I hadn't sold..

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
What do you guys think on Peleton? Will it weather the storm that it’s been through the last couple months? It’s at a 52 week low.
Don't try to catch a falling knife. Big spike on the lockdowns is over and I suspect they can be found on cragislist now. Also recall some recent complaints/warnings about issues with the equipment being dangerous for small kids and pets. If I really wanted a piece I'd wait to see capitulation with significant price drop on 3x or more volume before stepping in. But then I'd expect it to muddle along following a dead cat bounce off the bottom.

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
Don't try to catch a falling knife. Big spike on the lockdowns is over and I suspect they can be found on cragislist now. Also recall some recent complaints/warnings about issues with the equipment being dangerous for small kids and pets. If I really wanted a piece I'd wait to see capitulation with significant price drop on 3x or more volume before stepping in. But then I'd expect it to muddle along following a dead cat bounce off the bottom.
What a difference a day makes. Given the news of the new cv variant and the cv king's love of lockdowns, Peloton might be a play. If we go through another multiple month shut down of the economy and force people to stay inside people will be looking for stuff to do. Also news out of one California county is the possibility of being fined if you don't wear a mask inside your home IF someone is inside that's not part of household. Friend for Thanksgiving Dinner being the example. Peloton is up today.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,391 · (Edited)
Black Friday indeed. I was out on SI with my son who shot his 1st duck,drake mallard, with his 1st shot ever at a duck. Never looked at my phone while the market was open.. I'll put some cash back in Monday at these prices. Hopefully it's a little early to be prognosticating the impacts of the variant de jur?

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
Black Friday indeed. I was out on SI with my son who shot his 1st duck,drake mallard, with his 1st shot ever at a duck. Never looked at my phone while the market was open.. I'll put some cash back in Monday at these prices. Hopefully it's a little early to be prognosticating the impacts of the variant de jur?
Dunno. The US is already shutting down access from half a dozen countries, something that created a media outrage only 18 months ago. NYC is already introducing 'rules' and hospitals are cutting back on nonessential surgeries, etc. The will be an economic impact other than travel but the degree isn't yet clear. Interesting that WHO passed over the next name on the list to get to Omicron. I just looked at Disney. I moved my kid's reinvestment account about June when it was in the $175 range. Yesterday's close was $151. Travel. Entertainment. It will be interesting to see what happens Monday.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
You might wait it out awhile.
S&P 500 mini futures were down 1.8% as of 8:52 a.m. London time, while the Nasdaq futures declined 1.1% and Dow futures were 2.2% lower

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,394 · (Edited)
It will be interesting to see what the US futures say tonight. Sounds like it will take a couple of weeks to begin to better understand the new variant's immunity resistance from prior infection and vaccines and whether it's even more infectious than Delta. This is gonna drag on and on and on from the looks of it. Who was it who said only buy stocks when "there's blood in the streets." Should be plenty of blood in the streets as the world continues to navigate CV.
I usually try to assemble some cash this time of year, then buy a dip around black Friday, expecting an XMas and year's end rally. We live in interesting times where there's boat loads of money looking for a home, but plenty to worry about too?
An old rule of thumb when I was younger and the DOW lower for index investing was to look for a drop of 500 pts or more on the DOW. We have been in a bull mkt so long, maybe it's more like 1000, lol. We are close to that now, so I'm going to reinvest in certain of my stocks and ETF's tomorrow and if there's a further drop. Eternally optimistic.

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
Markets hate uncertainty. We have a perpetual pandemic with lockdowns around the globe slowing economic activity, raging inflation at a decades high, Government funding coming to an end, debt ceiling ending soon, skyrocketing national debt rising, yet another multi-trillion dollar bill passed in one chamber that will make inflation and many societal issues worse.... Leaving a issues few out for the sake of brevity. The market is only up due to the 'extra' 6 ~ 7 trillion that's been dumped into the economy in last couple years. I still have some cash to put to work, but not willing to roll the dice by hitting margin and will stay tech heavy. Semi conductors took a hit Friday, might look at putting money there.

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
One of those other things is the Fed. Talk is pulling back on purchases and removing money from the economy in an attempt to stifle inflation. And then there's this from a management company that runs a $600+ billion book.

"Federated Hermes’ Phil Orlando expects the Federal Reserve will lift interest rates six times over the next two years to tame massive price increases from vehicles to shelter to food. "

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,397 ·
Seems like some of the best stocks take the biggest hits...and can provide the best buying opps. I like CRWD at this price, earnings due Weds. Any CFO, government or even non profit that/s not employing quality cyber security in this era is crazy. I wish I'd waited til' Black Friday, but CRWD announces earnings Weds and they usually fail to disappoint. They got a bs 250 downgrade recently from one bank, while most others are shooting for 320.
Last year when I liked DDOG the one next to it on my growth stock list was Docusign, DOCU, who's earnings are coming up too. Might be a good re entry point, idk. Bought some early last week and it actually showed resilience Friday.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,398 · (Edited)
Today from RBC

11:49 AM EST, 11/29/2021 (MT Newswires) -- CrowdStrike Holdings (CRWD) will likely post "strong" fiscal Q3 results and an "increased" outlook as security transformations continue to drive a positive competitive environment, RBC Capital Markets said.

In a note to clients on Sunday, RBC analysts said the company(CRWD) remains well-positioned for long-term market consolidation and concerns on the emergence of the omicron variant of the coronavirus could be an "incremental demand generator."

The cybersecurity technology company is expected to report its quarterly results on Dec. 1.

"We believe the quarter should benefit from both the land and expand motion that benefits from 21 modules that can help offset pricing pressure in individual modules as we believe the overall competitive environment remains favorable," the analysts said.

RBC expects revenue for the quarter to be $362 million, while adjusted EPS is projected to be $0.09. Analysts polled by Capital IQ project Q3 adjusted EPS of $0.10 and revenue of $364.2 million. For fiscal 2022, RBC expects EPS of $0.46 on revenue of $1.4 billion.

RBC reiterated its outperform rating on the stock with a price target of $315.

Edit, it's looking like a Black Friday week, lol. I had forgotten, but the Fed Gubmn't runs out of money Friday, so there's that. Going to be a bumpy ride.

·
Premium Member
19,714 Posts
Rumble, the “free speech alternative” to YouTube, will be going public through a merger with CF Acquisition Corp VI. "Rumble was built on the belief that all creators should have the opportunity to freely express themselves and reach their followers without censorship or restrictions. " In the last year the average monthly users has gone from 1.8 million to 36 million.

CFVI trades on the NASDAQ with a current price of $10.70.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,400 ·
CRWD crushed earnings and upped the outlook, signed a bunch of key gubmen't contracts, but only after loosing about 30% of it's share value, Up 4% today last time I looked post earnings. I guess the banks thought it was overvalued, lol, what isn't, but it does look pretty good from here to me.
AXON might be worth a look. PT is around 200-230.Dropping back down below it's earnings jump.
I stopped out of two stocks this week. Always hate that, but at some point......
Meanwhile, one of the local small chip makers continues its rise. Might be topping out.

2381 - 2400 of 2422 Posts