IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
2361 - 2380 of 2398 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Wish I understood what was going on with my Hertz stock this week. Bought it just before it split into two stocks (HTZ and HTZWW) a few months ago, stock has been doing well. This week I check it premarket and I am down 95% on the HTZ stock, Ameritrade showed the HTZ stock at a buck and change. I read the news and see the "re-ipo", stock opens later in the day and it is down a bit but back up into the high 20's. After market Ameritrade shows my HTZWW is gone and I have about 10 times more HTZ stock. I cant figure out why that happened. Must have been an Ameritrade snafu
I too was affected. I called ameritrade and he made it sound like business as usual. No way.
If you owned HTZZ (closed around 35$), it was converted to HTZ the next day when it opened as a "new IPO" at the new IPO price of $26.25. There is just no way. All the stockholders would have sold off at $35 and not taken the automatic loss when it opened at the new IPO price. I lost a bunch and I bet some lost millions.
There would have been a massive sell off the day before.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,362 ·
That sucks re Hertz. Maybe the post restructure "dip" was just profit taking? I had my eyes on it after it was already running and opted out. Sounds like cptdarel got in early.
I'm taking some profits again today.
RGEN might be worth a look these days, but it has been a trading stock since it's big run up to Sept highs. A lot of beat down growth stocks had recent good earnings. ZYNGA, WIX, FVRR, MELI to name a few. I have a little of all of them.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,363 ·
Threw in the towel on WIX and FVRR for now, but they could make a run. I think MELI will, but its seems to be in a volatile consolidating node right now. Either that, or it will just keep sinking. With what SHOP is doing, I'm hoping MELI will be next.
On a tip from my techie daughter bought some Roblox the other day. RBLX. PT is 123 -121 and it's to that close already. Up about 40% since Nov 8 earnings.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Missed Rivian when it dropped under $100 on its IPO. Oh well. My Lucid is up nicely.
I bet there are a lot of people who wish they would have bought more after the 1st day dip. Myself included. Now it's like trying to grab a tiger by its tail!
Still a lot of potential with both Rivian and Lucid.
I believe Rivian's potential won't be fully realized until the SUV's get some press. I think most of Rivians excitement is mostly focused on the truck, which I don't think is the best fit for an EV. EVEYONE will want an electric suv

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
I picked up 100 Lucid for $20 earlier this year and the price target at that time was $35. It's right at $55 now and I plan on sitting on it for a long time. Rivian is one of many that I won't chase. If it has a significant pull back into the $100 range I'd pick it up, but don't see that happening soon.

Two of my daughter's that I sold too soon were COKE and Roblox. Made a tidy profit but they've legged up since. Hindsight is 20/20.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Don, what are your feelings with riding the coat tails of other stocks? (IONQ) Ionq, Inc quantum computing had had a significant jump today. (SNII) Supernova Partners quantum computing seems to be riding an excitement wave today, but is still a very low cost entry stock.

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
Don, what are your feelings with riding the coat tails of other stocks? (IONQ) Ionq, Inc quantum computing had had a significant jump today. (SNII) Supernova Partners quantum computing seems to be riding an excitement wave today, but is still a very low cost entry stock.
Not familiar with them, but coat tails work on momentum stocks. Look at today's bump on all the EV companies. The kind of funny thing is Ford. I have a few shares in my daughter's account and it's done well. Even with its connection to Rivian, Ford is off a bit today even though Ford is the leader of the legacy manufacturers in EV tech.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,369 · (Edited)
Might be worth checking out LE technology company, AXON. Shot up from 167 yesterday's close to 209 this am after earnings, then settled down to 177 at today's close. I picked up bits and pieces through the day after the rocket ship came down and then at the close. Will buy some more if it dips in the am. Blew through earnings estimates and gave massive guidance. New PT's in the 240 range.

It's always possible there will be a big dip then wait and see. Who the heck knows.

·
Registered
13,294 Posts
POWW reports good info, price shoots up for a day, then falls off. Grrrrr........ I wish stocks would go up when a quarter is crushed and stay there. Maybe when the Rittenhouse verdict comes out, ammo sales will skyrocket some more with the protestors shooting up their supplies.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Ticker: BPTRX
This mutual fund has an amazing long term track record, almost to hard to believe. Heavy in Tesla right now but they tend to call the market quite well! Just look at the earnings chart:

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,373 · (Edited)
Sold MELI as soon as I read it's issuing a secondary offering well below my entry point. Secondary offering share price I believe is 1500, which is about where it's at today. Good thing I dumped.. Wall Street has probably known this for weeks.
Joined the Nividia NVDA band wagon this am on a small dip. Earnings after close today. PT's are like 30% higher than current price, and that's before earnings are even announced. Over the past year it hasn't dipped after earnings, but on the chance "this time will be different," only bought a 1/3d position.
Roblox up another 8% today. Wish I'd bought more.
AXON PT raised by all the banks to 220-225 range. They are selling their stuff all over the world at a clip not previously envisioned. Fund the POLICE.
NVDA crushed it again up 5% after hours, which doesn't mean much mire than they liked it. A bunch of the chips and manufacturing suppliers have shot up in recent months. It will come time they take another rest. When will that be?

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Man! Where's the bottom? EV's taking a hit. I got out (of course not as early as I should have) of RIVN, LCID and SEV. Now just watching and waiting to see when to jump back in.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,376 ·
Sold all but a little NVDA. Maybe it drops back down to where I bought it, maybe not. I'd like to buy and hold it, and may still get another chance. Been burned on those earnings jumps too many times. We shall see, but 10% in a day was just too much to pass up.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Two of my daughter's that I sold too soon were COKE and Roblox. Made a tidy profit but they've legged up since. Hindsight is 20/20.
🤠 i'm sure she won't forget that

Reactions: Don G Baldi

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,378 ·
Roblox got way over bought, and is dipping 8% today. Might be a good entry pt, BUT I wouldn't be surprised if it dips some more. Maybe 100+ would be a good entry point?
Energy Transfer may have found the bottom, if you like dividends. Careful though, MLP's can be a tax hassle. They have had penalties and lawsuits in the past and are trying to downsize their debt.
Other dividend growth stocks I like Archer Daniels, ADM, INTC and AMGEN, which is still searching from a bottom. Then there's the ETF, SCHD. A top holding includes HD, which probably has a ways to run yet.
What dividend growth stocks do folks like? I'm too dang old to put everything in growth stocks, lol.

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
I got back in a bit on Roblox @ $123. If it drops much more I'll add. Longer term looks good and sure wish I'd held the earlier purchased in the $80 range. Also looking at RIVN today, kinda. Big drop after Ford canceled their deal and might be an overreaction. Up about $10 from its daily low so far. If it gets back in the $100 range might pick up some but I'm concerned about being too heavy in EV stocks.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
BROS hit $50 today from yesterday's low of $32 and change. Pretty good hit if you got it on the open.
This has been an interesting stock at its start, and not terribly surprising to see it retreat from the high of 81. I was able to get into it the first day of trading, paying more than I wanted as my broker wasn't involved in the IPO offering, but still not complaining. It'll be a "longer term" hold for me.

Nice to watch AAPL once again hitting highs. So glad I didn't dump what I bought 30 years ago! Wondering what other with a future somewhat like it is staring me in the face that I'm brushing off...

2361 - 2380 of 2398 Posts