IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 2267 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my best buy was Clorox in my 401k last week, lol. I recalled another outbreak yrs back sending it sky high.Stuff is selling off the shelves, gone in many stores.
Buffett says the banks look good right now in the loong term, and I added to my already pulverized USB ***. last week. Tech should do well as their is even more telecommunication foretasted. Cruise ship stocks, anyone, lol? Airlines? Alaska is priced good, is mostly domestic, and could rebound once settles down, and it is cheap with a great dividend. Keeping an eye on it.
Glad I was 50% cash in my 401k for the crash, and there are probably more stormy seas ahead. I hope Friday was the bottom, but it could be a long time before we see another all time high.
Most of my 401k is in ETF's, so added a little to dividend fund, SCHD, and tech fund, QQQ, last week too.
Pray this isn't as bad as the market thought, and we come out of this with just another coronavirus, albeit more deadly,... Thoughts and prayers for the ill and deceased.
Any other good stock deals to be had, especially if we get another huge drop??

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I just sent my 2020 IRA allocation last week but it won't post until later this week. Hoping I won't miss the bounce by the time I can buy.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
Nephew works at local grocery store that caters to green crowd.

They had some insane number on soap, hand wash tp etc. Like 89k in one shift.

Yesterday at FM, a lady in front of me has a CART full of TP. Most volume buyers will have a better deal than Freddies. And Charmin aint the lowest price point, so I assumed it was for personal use and not business/commercial.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
I am hoping for a big property panic. :meme: I have been preparing for that for some time.:thisbig: looks like the perfect storm is brewing.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yesterday at FM, a lady in front of me has a CART full of TP. Most volume buyers will have a better deal than Freddies. And Charmin aint the lowest price point, so I assumed it was for personal use and not business/commercial.
Please don't squeeze the Charmin!

Mr Whipple

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
Picked up some Disney and American Tower.

PS: might be a dead cat bounce? I expect to see volatility for a while longer.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I was also going to say dead cat bounce, seems likely a future panic will occur as more deaths start occurring nation wide. Hard to predict though.

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
I was also going to say dead cat bounce, seems likely a future panic will occur as more deaths start occurring nation wide. Hard to predict though.
Ya. I'm still holding a lot of cash and I'm normally 100% invested. Methinks there will be more buying opportunities not too far down the road.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
I think Royal Dutch Shell looks like a pretty good buy right now.
Agree. The next oil issue and the stock will move way up imo. May take a couple years but I may consider.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I don't trust this rally we had today at all.

Don, I like the cell tower companies also. I went with Crown Castle instead of American Tower a while back. Crown Castle was supposed to be better positioned for the roll out of 5G and its dividend was a little better. But I like them both.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I added a couple of utilities on Friday. After today, both up about 10% over my buy. Decent dividends to protect the downside.

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
I don't trust this rally we had today at all.

Don, I like the cell tower companies also. I went with Crown Castle instead of American Tower a while back. Crown Castle was supposed to be better positioned for the roll out of 5G and its dividend was a little better. But I like them both.
I'll check it out. AMT did me good over the last three months until I bailed right after it topped. Stuck a toe back in today.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I kinda wish the Fed would have stayed out of it. Dropping the rate a half point is signaling everyone that they think things are going to get much worse. Had they done nothing today I feel like we might have continued yesterday's upswing.

To quote myself from last week: if you keep stabbing it with knives of course it's going to die.

·
Premium Member
18,955 Posts
I kinda wish the Fed would have stayed out of it. Dropping the rate a half point is signaling everyone that they think things are going to get much worse. Had they done nothing today I feel like we might have continued yesterday's upswing.

To quote myself from last week: if you keep stabbing it with knives of course it's going to die.
Agree the half point was a bit too aggressive. But yesterday's bounce was on the expectation of a cut - IMHO. But, looks like the cat is coming back down to earth today. Tippy-toe, not time to buy with both hands.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
My first reaction to the Fed's dramatic action was similar to you guys.

There is another possibility though. The Fed usually has information that isn't usually widely available. It is possible that they are reacting to information we, and even most professionals, are not yet aware off. Not saying that is %100 percent the case. Just something to keep in the back of your mind if you are looking for the bottom of this market.

1 - 20 of 2267 Posts