IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an unfinished laminate stock for my wife's Savage 93R17. After having researched stock finishing, I've come to the conclusion this is NOT the stock upon which I want to practice! As such, I need recommendations for gunsmiths in the state who specialize in this type of work. I'd basically need the stock finished and the action bedded.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
6,718 Posts
Where are you located? My brother builds stocks for a gunshop in Forest Grove. The name of the shop is H&K Gun Shop, 503-357-6807

My brother has been building stocks for at least 40 years. He does hand checkering that's really outstanding! Although he always complains about those "golldang laminated stocks". :laugh:

Anyway, he does top of the line work! If you want any other information, let me know.

sliverpicker

· Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give him a call. This stock is really slick and I'll post pics once its complete. I'm a bit of a purist and love natural wood grains/hues in my wood stocks. My wife, however, loved the look of this laminate, which the maker calls "Psychedelic Laminate". Basically, pink, three or four shades of bright blue, light grey and dark grey. Its going onto a stainless barreled action and scope, so I'll admit it'll look cool.

Thanks for the info.

· Registered
1,643 Posts
My mom does custom gun checkering. You should really talk to her. She has many connections with stockmakers and gunbuilders. I'll PM you her #. Her name is Teresa Planton of TP Custom Checkering.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
What sliverpicker said,,,,H&K in Forest Grove wont do you wrong. BH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.