IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a thread bashing on Stevens Marine a while back and want to share todays experience: Don't lump the Milwaukee location in with the Tigard store.

I had a forward/reverse control cable seize this weekend on my jet - initially I had only nuetral and reverse but after stripping the cable from the boat and tying the bucket up I managed to get only forward which is much better. Today I called the Tigard store and was told by the service desk to bring the cable in and they would match it up and order a cable. I countered with "The Teleflex part number is....". I was then told that I would still have to come in as Teleflex is no longer in business.

Knowing that teleflex cables are still available I called the Milwaukee store out of curiousity. I spoke with Troy in the service department, he took down the information, called his supplier and called me back within 10 minutes saying he could have a new control cable for me tommorrow.

I think I will call the Milwaukee store from now on and spend the extra hour of drive time to get there!

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
I, too, have heard many less complaints about the Milwaukie store than in Tigard.

That's great they got to you so fast!!!

TR

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Keep in mind that the Tigard store had the big shop where then have facilities for testing and fabrication, which I don't believe they have at Milwaukie. Troy is a deep well of information at Milwaukie and has been in the business long enough to have a treasure trove of contacts and resources. At the Tigard store Scott and also Jeff are also very knowldgeable and will bend over backwards to see that your service and parts needs are satisfied. They may not all know the same contacts, but they are all qualified professionals.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
I've always had better luck at Milwaukie. I've had both good and bad experience with Stevens, and the bad always seems to involve Tigard.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even though Troy said he would call if there was a problem and the part would NOT be in I got a call from him at about 1 PM just to let me know the part was in and ready for me to pick it up. :cheers: to Troy

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I bought my boat at the Tigard store last July. It had to be special ordered from Alumaweld, but it arrived when they promised, and was set-up perfectly by the guys at Steven's. The first time I slipped her in the water, she performed as promised.

I'm headin' down there to get the boat serviced in a couple of weeks and they've been nothing, if not responsive. Eric (the salesman) and Jeff (service dept.) have both bent over backwards to provide me with excellent service.

A satisfied customer..... Tim :smile:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too purchased a boat from stevens back at the sportsmans show. When we made the deal I was sapposed to receive shipment the end of march, then begining of april, then the end of May. Then it was pushed back to June 3-5. Well, I called them up today to see they had the boat in yet. They said the boat was in but it was not shipped with the starboard bench seat that I had ordered back in february. Whats the deal? wasnt 3+ months enough for my salesman to confirm the order? This salesman never calls me, im the one who has to touch bases to see whats going on. Well they sheduled me to pick the boat up tommorow afternoon. I'll see how well the transaction goes and I will post again :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts