IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On June 28th there's a Shad Derby and BBQ @ Clackamatte Park from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to raise money for Fishing Guide Steve Koler.

Steve suffered several strokes this past spring chinook season.

For info and to RSVP to Fran Koler, Steve's mom. 503-655-7792

donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo Bank
Account # 8881-908-795

[ 06-19-2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: David Johnson ]

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
On June 28th there's a Shad Derby and BBQ @ Clackamatte Park from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to raise money for Fishing Guide Steve Koler.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">It's a Saturday

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
I'll be there.

I owe alot to Steve. He got me pointed in the right direction when it comes to fishing in this area and became a trusted friend over the years. Was able to learn the Willamette, Tillamook Bay, Deschuttes and Kenai thanks to his generosity and showing me the inside scoop.

Hurry back Steve !

Pearl

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Dudley called last night to have me post this, and you beat me to it!

Appreciated, and please do all you can to help Steve. What a guy. :bowdown:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've fished with Steve for many years and respect his guiding know how and friendship.

Steve can count on me to be there to help.

Dr. P

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
How is Steve doing anyway? Haven't heard much since his stroke. Can anyone give us a heads up on how he's doing?

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
David, could you give us a report on how it went?
Jen

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
I stopped by and was able to chat with Steve for a few minutes. Walking in I wasn't sure what to expect but Steve was looking good and had a smile on his face. It was good to see him. Still has a road to recovery but knowing his determination he'll get there.

There was a pretty good turn out to support the cause. They had a raffle going and some burgers and dogs on the grill. It's nice to know you have friends when we hit a bump in the road and I'm sure Steve appreciated all that came out to give him some support.

Steve has given alot to the local fishing industry as well as local sportfishing groups like the NW Steelheaders etc. I would encourage everyone to give a little something back. Donate what you can to the Steve Koler relief fund at Wells Fargo Bank.

Pearl

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
I'm so glad to hear he is looking good! :smile:
I don't know Steve very well, but I sure have heard good things about him.

Jen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts