IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess the cat is out of the hat about Chris and I fishing with FishinMission the other day. :shocked: Mark, you are one cool dude and I know I am speaking for both Chris and I when I say we had a great time even though we did not catch anything but that darn grass. Next time its your turn in my tub buddy! Now everyone don’t go thinking that we did not learn anything because we did big time. Mark told us that there has been a good steelie bite down around Longview and that those chrome buggers cant resist a Flash&Glo spinner. Well when FM talks steelhead you should listen and listen we did.

Chris and I met up with another Ifisher Joe AKA Killertraylor in St Helens and headed to the launch in Rainer to fish the outgoing this morning. Per FM’s advice we tied on our Flash&Glo spinners and set them out to do their job. It wasn’t long before my reel started singing that fish on song! Zzzzzzzzt… Zzzzzzzt… Zzzzzzzzzzzzt

After a nice fight this little hatchery brat came to the net

Flash&Glo’s go back out and not long after Chris’s rod takes a dive. Good thing Joe was paying attention because Chris and I were too busy talking about ourselves to notice the rod was bouncing around. For some reason Chris always forgets that clicker doohickey!

This fish fought deep with a few good runs that made us think it was a Chinook but when it finally came to the net it was a nice summer steelhead

Now comes the BBQ part… sorry Greenmachine but this BBQ was so good I had to take a picture of it.

If you people want to make some salmon/steelhead this is a easy, great tasting recipe. Cube up some fillets, alternate the cubes and slices of pepper bacon on skewers and soak in a mixture of teriyaki sauce and minced garlic. Throw on the grill with Walla Walla sweet onions and pineapple rounds. When done put on a bed of rice. Mmmmmmmmmmm that is some grubbin boat lunch!

That was it for the fish. Sorry you didn’t get anything Joe, at least you got to eat one! It was great having you on board even though I still think we are a floating target out there when you get two insurance salesmen and a lawyer on a boat… YIKES! :shocked: You are welcome aboard anytime!

Thanks again super secret fishing buddy FM for the tips! :bowdown: Steelies just cant say no to Flash&Glo’s!

FYI we fished in 10.5 feet of water with the aforementioned spinners and 36” droppers. I will be back out there tomorrow with some of the Carrot Crew… Sorry FNF but I just don’t feel the love for the Bonneville tomorrow… so if any of you see us around give us a holler.

:cheers:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Now that looked like a rough day. Is that carrot milk on that spinner? :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get mine using Carrot Milk but I think that is blood on that picture :shocked:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nice steelies. :smile: Your fish looks like a brooder. You must be just below the mouth of the Cowlitz. :wink: Don't forget to troll for those dudes on the incoming, that is after the BBQ of course!!! Tight Lines. :cheers:

Green Machine

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
:shocked: That was supposed to be zipper-lipped for us SW Washington residents Green Machine... :wink:

5-Cents and Company: Congrats on the fish!!!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I knew you guys would hammer 'em. If there's fish around, and your Flash and Glo's are flashin' and glo'in...watch your rods!!

Welcome to the Flash Glo club, Carrot Crew.

Mark

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Nice fish guys...What size blade is on those flash-n-glows?? I think i can make some of those..if mine don't work...i'm suprised i haven't picked one up on it yet. Great fish

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sorry Ryan!! :depressed: I'm thinking if we get the Carrot Crew fishing at the mouth of the Cowlitz, this will open up some other zipper lipped spots. :grin: Are you going down for the b-10 opener??

Green Machine

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
No Prob Green Machine!!!! :grin: Just trying to throw in a little humor. I hardly think the mouth of the Cowlitz is a Zipper-lipped hole. :wink: I don't know if your plan to keep the Carrot Crew up in the rivers will work, but time will tell. Everybody knows the Carrot Crew is just a bunch of fish hogs..... :wink: Just Kidding. :grin:

We'll probably be down for the opener or somewhere in that time vicinity. We had planed to go to Neah Bay somewhere around there as well, so we'll see what takes place....... To many fishing spots and so little time... What is a person to do??? :shrug:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Green Machine I just got back from there today with Bobby and Zaq. We did get a couple of fish this morning trolling on the incoming :cheers: but the rest of the day sucked. About 10 fish seen for about 150 boats :hoboy: :hoboy:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
nice feesh....

but i cant catch'em on spinners i keep trying but to no avail

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Carrot Crew, nice job on the fish. :bowdown: I thought you were St. Helens until I saw XTC's pic, then I knew you were infesting my super secret zipper locale. :wink: I can never seem to get a steelie on the spinners, a lot of coho and fall chinook though. :dance: The next time you guys plan on fishing this area again, shoot me an e-mail and if I don't have to work or have family commitments, I might come out and fish next to ya. Keep showing the pics, I love em. SS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts