IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be traveling from Spokane to Port Angeles at the end of this month. Could any of you recommend a steelhead fishing guide I could hire for the day in that area? (I'm thinking drift boat fishing.) I am a complete novice and I don't even know if there are any good rivers in that area ....
Thanks.

· Registered
2,864 Posts
Queets, Hoh , Quinalt, Bogoshiel(sp), and the Sol Duc all have good runs and can keep one Native in some of the streams. Do not use under 20# test in Feb tho. Check the site on Forks Washington and it will show guides. Al Scherich and Ron Gras are 2 of the best.

[ 01-07-2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: No Wishin Just Fishin ]

· Registered
199 Posts
I highly recommend Jim Richenson. I've fished with Jim on several occasions as well as other guides on the peninsula. Jim is top notch, knows his stuff and works his butt off to get you fish. He's hardcore!!!! Dawn to dusk if you let him!!!

Tell him Mark from Lynden sent ya

[ 01-08-2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

· Registered
400 Posts
I too would like to venture north, AA, I have heard of the enornous fish that this pensula offers, if you have the oppertunity to go you are in for a treat!!! That place is a legend! :tongue:

· Registered
1,311 Posts
You can't go wrong with Bob Ball, over on Piscatorial Pursuits (www.piscatorialpursuits.com). I'd email him and see if he has any days open. If not, get a recommendation from him.

There are a bazillion guides over on the OP. Some are good, many are not. I'd really try to do my homework before signing up with a guide over there.

You could also try fishing with a tribal guide on the Quinault. The Quinault pumps out many big fish that time of year, and would be another good choice.

Again, my personal recommendation would be Robbin Rhoades of the Quinault Guide Server (www.quinaultguideservice.com). Again, he might be booked up, but it doesn't hurt to call up and ask.

The two rivers I'd personally fish during that time would either the the Hoh, or the Quinault. Both will have big native fish in them during that time and should be pretty good.

· Registered
659 Posts
Moslem's are required to make a Pilgrimage to once in their life time to Meccah.

Steelheaders should be required to make a Pilgrimage to the Olympic Penninsula.

Please don't kill native Steelhead.

Two guides come to mind ...

Bob Ball (CnR Only!) www.piscatorial.pursuits

Tandy Charlie of the Quinalt.

Good Luck!

· Administrator
129,590 Posts
Please remember our non contact policy.
Rave all you want about guides, but just name the name. Then, people can go to google.com and look up their information if they are interested.
I'm leaving Bob Ball, as he is a sister.. uh... brother site, to ifish. :smile:

Jen

· Registered
173 Posts
I fished with Bob Last Sunday on the Hoh ( insert BRRRRRR here), he knows that river, and all the other OP rivers really well. Even though it was aa cold day and there the fish were finicky, he got us into a few. I second what Parker said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.