IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 8ft eagle claw spin rod its a medium and have a abu spin reel is this ok for bobber for steel head? do you guys have any preferences under 150? or would some one sell one to me?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
You can use anything for bobber and jig really but a longer rod comes in handy when it comes to mending line to get a natural drift. I like a rod around 9'6" to 10'6" in length. Berkley sells a 9'6" spinnging that works great, match this with a shimano spinning reel and you set for under $150

RR.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
A good, inexpensive bobber/all-around rod would be the 9'6" Berkley Air IM7 Buzz Ramsey, in an 8-12. Then you could just upgrade the rod, and use your reel. They are usually about $60, sometimes on sale...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have the rod that T_T is talking about with an Abu Garcia Cardinal reel spooled with 30lb tuff line that would be perfect for you I would sell for 70.00 let me know.

Sam

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I've got a Lamiglas G200 that's a 9'6 for 6-10lb that is works well for me, matched with an Okuma Epixor. Got both on sale so the setup ended up costing me $80 when said and done, but the rod usually goes for $70-80 and with the remainder you could even go with a Symetre on the reel and stay around $150. Watch Fisherman's adds for sales, G.I. Joes, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a Lamiglas G200 that's a 9'6 for 6-10lb that is works well for me, matched with an Okuma Epixor. Got both on sale so the setup ended up costing me $80 when said and done, but the rod usually goes for $70-80 and with the remainder you could even go with a Symetre on the reel and stay around $150. Watch Fisherman's adds for sales, G.I. Joes, too.
He's got it right on the money with the Lamiglass. I use a Rock Creek Series IM7 9'6" 6-10lb with a Okuma Aria that I've caught many winters on the Alsea and summers on the Santiam with it and it handled them all. I bought the rod and reel on seperately but it ended up costing me around a $100 total. I'm in college so cant quite afford the Loomis yet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts