IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone have an opinion/rec. on Stearns Boat Covers. (Kind they sell at GI Joes) Do they last? Do they withstand trailering?

Thanks
El Kabong!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I have one on my boat. Bought it at GI joes about 4 1/2 years ago. These are not made to be trailered. There are some out there that are designed to be trailered and you'll pay for it. I have no tears in my cover yet BUT the waterproof coating is starting to flake off in dust like particles. Overall, I think I got my 80 bucks worth and will buy another one when this one gives out.

p.s. Yes they do make them to fit windshield boats, thats what they are used on mostly. There is a length /boat model graph on the box to help you figure out which one will work for you.

[ 09-09-2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

the cover I was looking at on the joes web site says

" an integrated buckle and strap system for easy fitting and trailering. The tough, 300-denier polyester Hurricane™ fabric is mildew"

for $130 I was unsure just how strong it could be.

My top is a bentley and I asked them about a trailering cover, but the price they gave made me start looking around.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Oops, youre talking about something different than I have. That sounds like a killer price for a cover that can be trailered. I was getting prices in the 300 bucks range. I would be careful about getting a snug fit on a cover off the shelf. Most off the shelf covers are designed to fit several slightly different boats and therefore I would think that getting a good fit would be difficult but I'm no expert. :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts