IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The probability (randomly) that one rod will catch the first three fish is 20%, or near that .
This means that more than three fish on one rod, change lures. It also means that you shouldnt get too excited about switching lures when your fishing buddy gets the first three. With random chance it will happen about 1/5 of the days out. Food for thought. id. painter

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Huh?

buddy catches three fish on a lure, I haven't caught any. I'm using my $10 Alvin and he's using a piece of coffee can with a hook. I'm not gonna switch?

I'll be thinin on this till saturday when I go fishin....probably ain't gonna sleep much :wink:

[ 09-25-2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: wannacatchem ]

·
Registered
10,882 Posts
Lucky Rod? :whazzup: I always thought it was my lucky hat :grin: You DO need to take it off your head and waive it out over the boat for all the fish to see though, or it doesn't work :laugh:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good come back !!! id.painter

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a rod I call the "The Love Rod", if it's in the boat its allways the first one to go off & the allways gets the most action no matter who's using it or whats on it. It's responsible for the biggest nooker I've ever caught (50 lbs)its should have broke on that one. It also got more than one person their 1st springer. Its a 12 yr old Lami. I finally had it re-wrapped last winter after much handringing about messin w/the love rod mojo. Had to do it, some of the guides were about to fall off. I have even had people ask if the love rod would be in the boat on some trips. I plan to will this rod to my son if I don't go to the grave with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts