IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today celebrates 70 years of "The Today Show" on NBC. Matt Lauer was a co-host from 1997-2017. While watching the show this morning his face has not appeared. "Where in the World is Matt Lauer"???
Stalin conveniently erased photos of people he had eliminated during purges.

If I-Fish mods would purge the ranks of all Mask/Vax/Covid posters and responders it would keep thread counts under 300!!!! (just like cheap sheets) and we could go back to fishing. ;)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Matt allegedly raaped the NBC employee in Sochi Russia. That sure lines up with some sort of communist conspiracy. Matt is most likely in a Gulag somewhere in Siberia.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Today celebrates 70 years of "The Today Show" on NBC. Matt Lauer was a co-host from 1997-2017. While watching the show this morning his face has not appeared. "Where in the World is Matt Lauer"???

If I-Fish mods would purge the ranks of all Mask/Vax/Covid posters and responders it would keep thread counts under 300!!!! (just like cheap sheets) and we could go back to fishing. ;)
Excellent title! One of the best this year. If all the Matt Lauer stuff is true, he deserves time in a place like a Gulag.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Words that meant what they should mean 50 years ago now have morphed into something more. Just using alleged, accused, or even rumored in a sexually charged sentence will under today's standards sentence the individual without consideration of guilt or innocence to being guilty of something. It leaves the individual having to defend a negative which we all know is impossible. Its like saying mods on Ifish sleep with dolphins, but that means they are accused of it and until proven wrong its there to weight on our minds. It is like the reverse of justice; your guilty until proven innocent. This is so evident in our politics that at times its better than a SNL episode.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
If the rest of the people here only had 15 posts, there wouldn't be an iFish.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Words that meant what they should mean 50 years ago now have morphed into something more. Just using alleged, accused, or even rumored in a sexually charged sentence will under today's standards sentence the individual without consideration of guilt or innocence to being guilty of something. It leaves the individual having to defend a negative which we all know is impossible. Its like saying mods on Ifish sleep with dolphins, but that means they are accused of it and until proven wrong its there to weight on our minds. It is like the reverse of justice; your guilty until proven innocent. This is so evident in our politics that at times its better than a SNL episode.
Well, actually 50 years ago women reported horribly inappropriate behavior and nothing happened. I'd much rather have what we have today, even if it isn't perfect, then girls having to experience what they did and then be told nobody believed them and deal with it. My girl is in a much safer and better place than 50 years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, actually 50 years ago women reported horribly inappropriate behavior and nothing happened. I'd much rather have what we have today, even if it isn't perfect, then girls having to experience what they did and then be told nobody believed them and deal with it. My girl is in a much safer and better place than 50 years ago.
I would agree real men stand up for everyone.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
So you're saying NBC is the American iteration of TASS?

I'm pretty sure there's a number of people here who already knew that.
But there's also plenty of folks here that need convincing.

A little more reinforcement never hurts

Thanks

ETA: Bonus question,... Who was it, back in 2016, that said "Lauer's finished?"
And by golly, it turns out she was right

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey 15 posts in 5/6 years. That's an average of 5 posts per year. I'm sure those 5 posts per year were bringing lots of information and value to the forum. Right?
Are you using the "new" math???

Pauli

1 - 20 of 46 Posts