IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A month or so ago, and also in many previous posts, we had a discussion regarding whether or not the Stainless impeller was worth the install and what the effect may be....Well, this is what I've found.

First of all, I've got a big Yamaha 225. It's 10 years old but runs great.

I don't have the larger "super Pump" the newer 200+ motors come with. I looked into whether the bigger pump was really the better way to go. It will provide you with the extra thrust and speed I'd like to see but, the +/- $1,700 was the determining factor NOT to spend that kind of $$ on a 10 year old motor.

I found the 4-Blade SS impeller definitely get's me out of the hole faster and arguably, smoother than the 3-blade. As far as top end speed....ZERO. Nothing gained at all. (Which is what I expected anyways).

When we pulled the older 3 Blade out, there were cavitation burns on the wear ring and the blades were dull, but not in bad shape. The grate has not been modified, and I have been warned not to "trick" it out with filing edges, etc. since the increase in ANY kind of performance is negligiable.

Although this post is somewhat un-eventful, it did confirm all of the advise I did receive from you fellow ifishers.

Thanks again,

Scott

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Wise Guy...

You watch it there.....I'm growing fonder of my ski boat every day.

By the way, which way are you swinging? NR or MM?

Maybe we'll see you out there one of these days...BTW, I need a few good summer chinook spinners...got a couple?

SK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts