IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the "Rarin' to Drought" hit the Columbia again today, on the hunt for the elusive sturgeon.

We left the slip at about 7:30 a.m. and were anchored up at the oak tree at 7:45 a.m.

At 8:30 we moved down around 72 on the diamond in about 38 feet of water. By 9:30 we moved in closer to shore. Still no sale.

Then we moved to a new area between the oak tree and 72. Nada.

We were going to move back to the oak tree area, when we pulled the anchor the tie-wraps had broken on the anchor and we didn't have anymore. So we called it a day, with no hits, no shakers.

I kept an eye on the salmon fishers on the WA side of the river and I didn't see any nets at all. When we fueled the boat the lady at the St. Helens Marina said she had only heard of two fish caught all day.

There were like 50 boats out there.

So, things were slow. Just FYI. No salmon yet it looks like. Maybe next week...

Chacal

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Hey man, at least your trying. I am on a serious chinook drought right now. I have an actual curse on me...................but it doesn't keep me from going, and it doesn't look it keeps you from going either. Keep droughting with me, we will score sometime!!! :wink:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:depressed: :hoboy:
The curse of the "J"
:hoboy: :depressed:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am starting to think that when I "fish" with my dad there is bad mojo.

We have a fun time, but never get fish.

The last time we fish together it took the power of carrot milk and ND to get a fish.

Hey, I will be out there every minute I can spare. Thinking about taking a day off in the next few weeks to chase the URB.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Don't do it Mr 5 cents. I don't know how to get rid of it..........J J J J J J J J J J J

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Chacol,

Some of the secrets to success are fish at the best places at the best times. Save your time off from work and go three or four weeks from now in St Helens so you will be there when it's time for the best fishing. There will be thousands of URB going over the dam then instead of a few hundred.

Same goes for sturgeon, your section of river is traditionaly slow this time of year. If you were to put in the time you have spent now during the peak fishing time frame for that area you would probably catch lots of fish. If you spent the time you've spent somewere else this time of year you probably would have caught a lot of fish.

I know you are limited to fishing there as that is were your boat is moored but at least go with someone else some were else. You would up your odds. I would never beat my head against the wall were it wasn't happening, be moble.

I'm not trying to be a
I am just trying to help out so I hope this isn't taken wrong. I want to see you post a success story.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Originally posted by Chacal:
So the "Rarin' to Drought" hit the Columbia again today, on the hunt for the elusive sturgeon.

We left the slip at about 7:30 a.m. and were anchored up at the oak tree at 7:45 a.m.

Chacal
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Know I know the problem... the oak tree hole is above the fishrey not in St. Helens. :wink: and there will be no fish in that area anytime between now and October, the best place to fish and stay is the Frenchmans Bar area.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
P dog, take your ND fishing with Dave...............than tell me how it was and maybe I can break my drought too....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts