IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was lucky enough to be a guest on a boat fishing below St.Helens this morning.

The morning was great, hardly a breeze, but as noted by Waterdog in the Frenchmans Bar report, wow, was it ever slow - especially for this date.

We saw two caught for about 50 boats, one at 9am and the other about 10am I think.

With it so slow, I kept messing around with my lead line, lengthening and then shortening it. And varying scents. With the tide nearly at slack I dug deep into my scent cooler, past secrets best forgotten and concoctions gone astray. Found something that looked good, and then whipped some of Marie's sticky scent into it.

A few minutes later someone pointed out my rod was acting funny. I set the hook and handed off to the First Mate, who expertly landed it.

That was all for us, and I'm grateful this one chose us on this very slow morning.

(5' leadline, 6' leader, chart.tip alvin)

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to pull one out of the hat today Gary

Sounded slow all around, I guess the changing weather really affects fishing, sounds like I picked a good day to stay hime with my kids and watch football! :grin:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
way to go gary, kinda like hitting the lottery on a day like today. the crown prince of urb-ania strikes again.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Good Job!! Sounds like a great day.

I wanted to go out this weekend, but I have been chipping branches.

I love the CR this time of year...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts