IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend the better part of the day braving the wind and choppy water near #77 at St Helens.

I tried ultra-bite for the first time and it seemed to work. I landed at 22 lb nook and missed a couple of hits. I saw some other boats drop out too.

If I could only control the wind......

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
hey, nice job!~ I'd like to try that area soon as I get the bay trips out of my head first! Then i'll head back inland. I see ur out of keizer, i'm out of west salem and am cruising over to the nehalem tomorrow for a couple days. hope to find something there.

well, nice feeesh again!

Sublime

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good Job, K9jeff.

You're right about fighting the wind and chop..a nasty day. We only had one take..Grandson landed a very nice 22lb Nook. It was definitely slower than the past couple days. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My wife and I had breaker hitting the rear of the boat and soaking us all the way up by the windshield, while anchored. Decided it just wasn't 'fun' at all so we headed in. Saw a couple fish caught. Folks looked half scared as the drifted out to land them :shocked:

Gonna give it another shot, here at about 10am this morning.

·
Registered
450 Posts
K9 sounds like it was rougher here than our day over the bar. At least you caught one though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The wind really was kicking up the waves out there Sunday. I lost three before I finally got a nice 20 pound buck in the boat. No scent.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am glad I was in my dad's customweld.. My flatie alumaweld would have beaten me to death...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts