IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well looking for 1 (yea right) last rod to complete my fishing arsonnel,and was wondering if anyone has the st.croix avid series rod,the one i was looking at is a 91/2 ft 6-10 fast action for steelies looked like just what i wanted but have never delt with st. croix and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them,,,also what kind of reel you would buy,looking at either a calcutta,diawa millinum, what to do???your input would be greatly appreciated,after all it is my last one :laugh:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Last one and rod should never be in the same sentence together. After all, it is a total fabrication you tell your wife, not us.

Anyhow, I don't know anything about the Avid series but I have built a fair amount of rods on ST Croix blanks. I just finished a SCV flyrod this morning as a matter of fact. Other than being a pain to get blanks from, they are first class. The rods are beautiful, backed up well by them and feel really good to fish with. I don't know where AVID fits into the fold, but I think it will probably be a wise choice.

I have a Calcutta 151 on my favorite drift fishing rod and it is wonderful. Get one of those.....maybe bigger though. :cheers:

·
Registered
993 Posts
your buying a what you better call me first
503 504 9271

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have several croixs and love them all. You wouln't be dissappointed with that rod.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have nine of those rods and I love them, I just wish that I went with the 6 to 12 pound class instead of the 6 to 10. I have had many clients use them and they have been abused and they hold up just fine. I love the feel of them. They are not a loomis however they are not the same money as a loomis. The feeling is almost the same though.
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts