IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding a new source for squid... it has been over two years since I had to buy any for bait. The last time i purchased it I bought 25lbs and then vac sealed into bait bags.. the company I bought from no longer has access. does anyone have a good source for 10-25lbs. i live in wilsonville so it would be nice if close.. I did search old posts and the post were old and the locations were a ways away. thanks in advance. mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Try Uwajamaya market in Beaverton. If they don't have it in stock,talk to the fish monger and he should be able to order it for you. If they can't get it call Pacific Seafood.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Bi-Mart sells squid but I don't believe they sell it in bulk. Most stores have a fridge in back by the sporting goods. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Check winco, safeway, and the Owegema store has it in stock for about $5 for a block

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help guys.. I contacted a couple of your suggested stores and found that Uwajamaya has frozen five pound boxes for 5.99$. sounds like about the same price as I paid two years ago and I had to buy a 25lbs block. this way it will be alot easier to thaw and repackage.. again thanks guys. mark

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I get mine at Uwajimaya too, but I buy 40 pounds bulk (fresh, not frozen) at a time. Lay them out individually on a cookie sheet and stick 'em in the freezer for a couple of hours until they are semi-frozen, then put 3 or 4 in a vac bag and seal.

I'm always careful to wipe off the cookie sheets with a paper towel and put them back in the cupboard before the wife and daughter even have a clue what just happened.

The nice folks at Uwajimaya always look at me a little funny when I step up to the counter and ask for 40 pounds of fresh squid, but who cares. :jester:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sturgeonator

thanks for the tip I will give that i try. Or since we live in the same neighborhood....do you lock your freezer.. :laugh: stop by and see me at my work some day.. mark rvs to go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts