IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any luck Springer fishing on the Willamette? Or is it getting too late in the season? Below or above the falls but around the Oregon City area is what I was thinking. Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Below the falls, as close as you're comfortable. Don't risk going up too far if it ain't your thing. Eggs on a bobber or spinners seem to work. Smaller spinners or needlefish have worked.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I ran out on the Columbia Sunday morning to scout out a couple of summer steelhead spots for anchor fishing this summer. On the way back in around 10:00 am I was suprised to see approximatly 15 boats trolling the area where the Mult. Channel meets the Willamete.

Do they know something? :whazzup:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Pearl,

On the way back in around 10:00 am I was suprised to see approximatly 15 boats trolling the area where the Mult. Channel meets the Willamete.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">They've been pecking away at them there. Saw one old timer in a little boat limit out in about an hour, right about high tide.

There are still 300-400 Chinook a day going up the Willamette a few Steelhead also I'd imagine.

A couple other fish caught but very slow.

I didn't see what the successful guys were using. I saw one unsuccessful person using a prawn spinner and I was trolling deep (30 feet) with a green spot spinner.

Brion

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
300 - 400.. That's not too bad... It might still be worth it for some relaxing after a hard days work. scrod, you mentioned getting as close to the falls as possible, is it turbulent up there? I've been up there before in a 22' ski boat, and never thought twice. But I'll be fishing in a 16' aluminum boat with a 20hp on the back. I just don't want it to be unsafe... Also, are there holes up there? I'll be trolling prawns most likely, and having not fished up there, i don't know if there is a place where they hang out...

Also, I've been hearing this board take about Summer Chinook... I had no idea there was such a run... Where do these fish end up going, do they go up the Willamette at all? Thanks for the help all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts