IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i am Bobberdown58, and new to the world of chat rooms of any kind. I live in Richland WA but grew up in Newberg and spend as much time as possible (which isnt nearly enough)on the Tillamook or Nehalem bays and the rivers running into them, . I have a 14' boat and hope to spend the next few days trying to catch a springer somewhere in the Tillamook Bay, Wilson, or Trask. Sherry of Lysters tells me there are fish around and the tides look pretty good for this weekend. I am told i'm supposed to introduce myself with a fish story, so: After several years of trying i finally caught a 20lb springer below McNary dam, on a K16 Kwikfish with sardine fillet attached. It was wild so i had to release it, but it was a beauty and charged my battery for large salmon in general and spring chinook in particular. Dont believe people who tell you upriver fish dont fight; they definitely do. So now that i have provided a (lame)fish story, where should i fish for springers in Tillamook bay country? Sounds like the Trask is a possibility. What about the upper bay around the oyster house, or lower Wilson? Ghost Hole? thanx in advance for any help. rar

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Well Well I understand the bobberdown part but what is the 58 part?

I cannot answer your question but believe it is a good Question and I too would likt to read the answer. This will bump it back to the top and we will wait for answers.

Welcome to the board.
Ken :cheers:

·
Registered
266 Posts
In the fall I fished Hospital Hole on the Trask, and saw a lot of boats do really good in the area. A buddy of mine would put in at Memaloose and fish all the way up just shy of the Hospital hole area in a little 15ft fishing boat.

I never have made the trip with him, but it sounds like some really good fishing in the fall, so maybe it would be a good way to fish for springers.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is Hospital Hole open for springers this time of year? Anyone?

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
The Hospital Hole of course is open, just not from the bank, just by boat. Has been a few fish taken in the ocean, bay , Trask and Wilson. Should get better every day. If you put in on the bay and want to go up river, remember the Trask has filled in a lot, and at low tide you might not make it very far. Special note, WATCH FOR LEFT VENT. CLIP these will be Whiskey Creek five year old fish. Has been a few already, 25-30 lb. fish. Be sure to check, they will have adipose. Even I forgot to check last year and was ready to release one when my buddy said heck the LV. Good thing nice fish. This will be the last year for the LV. We went to the adipose five years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts