IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.... I took Friday afternoon off, should I take advantage of the CR being open or head to the Willamette and soak a herring?
Thanks for any tips!!!

P.S. Does anyone fish anything other than a herring when they are fishing "pulls" over deep water?
I'll be in my 18' Fishrite flatty named "Wreckless"......don't hesitate to say "hey"!!
BTW....I may have an open seat if my buddy can't get away....going over Cornelius pass between 11 & 1 (when I can sneak out :grin: )

Thanks again...Dennis

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
If I had work off tomorrow I would be fishing the Willamette!!! There are jsut as many fish flowing through the Willy as the Columbia!!!

Good Luck!!! Keep the lines tight. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Or you might want to try a nice shiny spinner with, say, gold and red on it. :wink: :wink: We have caught a couple on that combo lately. :smile:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info..The Willamette it is!!

Brass spinner with some red.....Hmmmmm I'll dig into my Cowlitz box

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Lots of fish in the Willamette.
I have been on the river a total of 5 hours over the last two days and have boated 3 fish. One for me and two for friends.
8oz - 12 pulls - keep the line at a 45 degree angle while trolling deep H2O Pay attentiion to the high and low slack tides. Cover the water

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Pearl.
I just takled to a friend that got 2 yesterday at 20 pulls with 6 oz. Down by Freds, Plug cut, fish flash....Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts