IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the techniques to catch a Springer while on a DB on the Clack. And also how far up the Clack do you think the Springers have gotten? :smile:

Thanks
CM

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Corkie Monster,

This latest issue of Salmon Trout Steelheader has some great articles about spring chinook fishing on smaller streams. I think that Scott Haugen's article has some fine points about fishing from a drifter, while David Johnson's leans more towards fishing from a sled (a bit easier on the Clack), but could be applied to the drifter as well. Both articles mention some great techniques for getting into some chinooks. My favorites include backtrolling baits or plugs, drift fishing bait and bobber fishing.

The springers in the Clack won't be in strong fishable numbers for a few more weeks.I bet there are a few springers all the way to Dog Ck., but the water temp was a chilly 47 degreee today, not the ideal 50 and above for good salmon bites.

The Willamette will be the place to find good biting springers for the next month or so. In May you'll want turn to the smaller rivers like the Clack, Molalla,and Santiam systems to find out where those 109,000 fish end up :grin: !

Good Luck !

Chris :cool:

ps. If you want to find out a little more, try thisWin a Guided fishing trip for 2 , and we'll see what we can do if you win :wink:

[ 04-17-2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts