IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girls, the upper willamette is getting very good. Thats all iam going to say. Rainbow spinners in 5 to 6ft of water. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ah , come on , Cagey , you could maybe add just a little more !! Got into them huh ? Nice having them in our backyard .

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Ken,

Not really. :tongue: It's still early and the few that are around are spred out. Bite is early in the AM and short lived. No one is knocking them dead. Yet. :wink:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I suppose I should learn to fish that area,, considering its in my back yard, 5 min to Wheatland launch...

G

·
Will be fishing the Willamatte tommrow. Will post if we have any luck. Still early but the count is looking mighty inviting. Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sheeeeeeeesh Cagey, and after all the help I gave ya showing you where the herring were in the Yaquina..... :laugh:
You really dont have to give me the exact location but if you wouldn't mind narrowing it down to an area of say 50 x 50 and then leaving your anchor buoy there so I could hook up to it, I'd sure appreciate it... :grin:
Congrats on the fish ....good to hear your hooking them once again ....

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that they are sparse yet but a fish a day is not bad for exercising the arms.

Waterdog, are you still looking for your first one? :tongue:

CptCatchem, i thankyou very much for all the help on the herring even though you hogged all of them. I can narrow the river down for you. Put in at Oregon city. pass thru the locks ( might as well troll through as there will be fishing passing through also) :laugh: Then proceed up river fishing those spots that look good to you and just keep doing that all the way up as far as you can go. Unless you are as bad a fishermen as the Water Dog you will surely catch fish. :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts