IFish.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after 22 hours on the Willamette out of Salem I got my first springer. I've already got 6 hours into the next one so some time this week I should get number 2. I've already got a few down in Oregon City and it got me thinking. If I get a few up in the Santiam I will have pulled a springer from below the falls on the Willamette, above the falls on the Willamette, and a tributary of the Willamette.

So here is the challenge. Lets see how many I-fishers can pull off a springer triple play. You need to catch at least one spring chinook below the falls on the Willamette, one spring chinook above the falls on the Willamette, and at least one spring chinook from a Willamette tributary (Santiam, Clackamas, McKenzie).

This will be a very prestigious club and your names will be held in very high regard :bowdown: on this site. It will be a sort of Hall of Fame.

Picture proof won't be required, it's an honor thing. (remember to lie is a sin. And it tells us in Romans that the wages of sin is death)
:wink:

So when you complete the triple play, come back to this thread and tell us and I'll put your name on the list. At the end of the season I'll post your names in lights for all to see.

If you fish on the Columbia you can one up us triple players and complete the even more prestigious foreplay. :shocked: I mean quadruple play. :wink: Good luck!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Does it have to be from this season alone? :wink:

If I can add up the past few years Im almost there :grin: Just need one from below the falls to complete the Fore.....Quadrulpe play. :wink:

Jon :smile: :grin: :smile:

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
You might want to add the Columbia to that list.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Mission boat is there...Columbia.. above I-5, Below I-5, Lower Willamette, Upper Willamette, and the Clackamas. Sorry, but you won't see me much above St. Paul...don't like driving too far.

:grin: :dance:

Mark

[ 05-12-2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Wow, I've hit two out of three many times but never broke it down like you did. I'm thinking it will be 20 or so years until I join that club

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Did you say the "skunked triple play", I have officially NOT caught a springer in each of those places! So my name will not be in lights, I will not be honored at the end of the year, and this post will self destruct in five seconds.

Scott

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Yep, Mission's boat is definately in. I can vouch :grin:

My(as in me, not boat/clients) list since March: :dance:

Columbia above & below I-5
Lower Willamette
Clack

Haven't made a cast into any Santiam system water yet, but I will be soon.

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so Fishin Mission is the first in the quadruple club? FWF1- We'll give you triple play honors. You still need to yank one out above the falls to get the quad.

Just a clarification here. Fish need to be caught this season, and the mouth of the clack doesn't count as a trib. Lets say you have to be above the 99 bridge.

Anyone else in the club yet? There is still lots of time. Techniques between the different sections of water listed above change so much and I think it will be interesting to see how many i-fishers can pull fish out of each one.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Salmon Stryker-

I did yank one out above the falls. Unfortunately my hands were attached to the end of the net, not the fishing rod. :laugh: :laugh:

I did get one heck of a yank right after we netted that fish, guess I'll have to shoot for the Quad play tomorrow :grin:

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well does this count,

I have caught a springer in the columbia below the I-5 bridge I have caught one above the dam, on the columbia and I have got one in the Lewis River a tributary of the columbia :whazzup: :shrug:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
LRFJ:

That sound's like a Washington triple play. You might have to make up a different set of rules for that one. Problem is you could be bringing in the Kalama, Wind, Drano, and Cowlitz so it might get complicated!

·
Banned
1,511 Posts
Triple play is good, but how about double headers in different rivers. Two on at the same time.

I've had 9 double headers this season in my boat.

It took four different rivers to complete this.
Had two doubles in a row in one hole. Got all 4 fish with no fins.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have got fish out of the Columbia above I-5, teh Willamette and the Kalama. I have a couple more rivers I will be fishing a lot now that it is later in the season also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts