IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched at 5:30 A.M. in the Willamete slew.We fished(at Frenchmans bar) from 6:30 till 2:30 in the afternoon,with kwik fish and then trolling heard of only one fish caught. It turned out to be a really nice day(sunny)in the afternoon.Headed back in at 2:30 and went to the fairgrounds in St. Helens for the finish and to see how many fish were caught heard the very same story for awhile then the fish started comeing in around 4:30-5:00 and kept comeing.We talked too a few and heard a few others telling their story.90% 0f the fish caught were caught on the Willamete between the railroad bridge and the freemont bridge maybe even as much as 95%.Fishing in the Columbia was really slowww from all accounts.I hope this report doesn't hurt or make someone mad
for giving up the spot where the fish are or were ??.Just thought some of you would like to know.One boat I know limited useing small rainbow spinners and herring spinners .Anyway Good luck.
Looks like I might be done for the year,I've lost a ton of strength in my right leg and its starting to give out on me when standing or walking (thats scary) I'll be going in for an MRI sometime next week.I'm just hopeing and yes even praying that it won't require back surgery, or I'll be done for the year.3 weeks just about killed me, being laid up a lot longer will be really tough.I'm not good at being inmobile at all.Well good luck fishing and I really hope to see you guys on the river this year its going to be a good year for fishing.
Bob :smile:

Guys I have tell you I hurt my back while lifting my anchor into my boat.Just as I was lifting my anchor some IDOIT !! came flying thru the hog line were I had been sitting and went by me throwing me off balance with my anchor about 1/2 way out of the water and up to my boat and throwing me off balance and causeing me to twist to not fall out of the boat before I could turn the anchor loose the damage was done.So the reason I'm telling you this ,is not to make you feel sorry for me but just a reminder, when going thru a hogline or by a another boat where the person is pulling his or her anchor givem a break and slow down.Sometimes those hoglines are pretty tight and you could cause a lot of damage or seriously hurt someone.
There's NO REASON !! to go that fast.This guy was flying.
Bob

[ 04-13-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: dawhunt ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Dawhunt,

90% 0f the fish caught were caught on the Willamete between the railroad bridge and the freemont bridge maybe even as much as 95%.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I got mine near the mouth of the Willamette and SpaceFish says that Sellwood and up was pretty active.

What was the official Derby count?

Brion

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't know we had to leave about 5:00 my leg was getting a lot worse and my back was starting to hurt pretty good.But before we left
I can say there was a lot of fish comeing in most of them were running anywhere from 12 -18lbs,when we left the top fish was a 28 lb fish,I think the next was (not sure)around 19-20 lbs and there was more comeing.I might have seen ?? better the 30 fish before we left and more comeing as we headed for the truck. I do want to say before we came in we ran all the way up to the Lewis across from St Helens and there was a TON !! of fish sitting in the deep water 60=75' right in front of the lewis you know where it dumps into the columbia the water is real I guess riffley there.I think a guy could maybe jig in there and catchem but We had to run all the way back to the willamette so we didn't try.I mean there was a TON !!!!! of fish out there.We could see them on the depth finder it was awesome there was so many.
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts