IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the first official entry for the longest Springer! 38 inches, 20 pounder, notice UGLYGREENS wearing an official ifish hat! :grin: I punched a hole in the right gill plate too. :wink:

He caught it on shrimp and eggs on the Wilson River just up from Tillamook Bait!

Congratulations Brad! :cheers: And thank you for coming by for a snap shot!

Thanks a Ton!
Marie

photo taken by Marie
wwwTillamookbait.com

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Tee hee... A trout! That should be EASY to beat!!!
:smile:
OK, this starts the official race to the end for the Lamigals rod.

Are we going to let a springer like this take the cake?

I think not....

Nice try though!

Jen

[ 04-19-2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Somebody had to get it started... By the way, thanks for the advice on the Jigs, (First Cast of course)I got a nice little 6 pouund summer run fish on the way home just below Petes place. :grin:

UG

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Steelhead Gear... Sandshrimp and eggs under a bobber on a spinning rod. I was swithing back and forth between eggs and shrimp and could see a couple fish in the low clear water that i was casing to. Honest to God I dont remember which one I had on (shrimp or eggs). :shrug:

UG

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Right on Brad.

You've had a hot 20 hours worth of fishing. Isn't this you just yesterday afternoon?

Up at the crack of 9, on the road by 10. What's with that?

GRB

[ 04-19-2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Gun Rod Bow ]

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
GRB

I'm with you looks like the same fish from yesterday to me :shocked: If it was 38 inches and only weighed 20 pounds it aint no coastal springer. Is that a mark from the ice block it laid on over night on its side.

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Scott,

You're gonna get me in trouble with a fishin bud.

He told me the story, bobber (steelhead) rod, had to get out of the DB and fight the fish to the beach and beach it.

Brad may not be pretty to look at, but he does come up with some amazing catches.

Anybody remeber the 102# Bluefin tuna he drug into Hammond last year? Or the two Blue Marlin he landed out of an open Panga (very simple Mexican fishin boat) the first day in Zihuatanejo. Or how 'bout his 20# hatch winter steelhead a couple months ago.

Props..Nuttin but props to dah brudda.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I got a 22 lb fish yesterday and on a lamiglass rod. Does that win anything besides the nothing offered to all those faithful Ifishers that attended the Springer Flotilla.

there was only aobut four fish weighed in at the Flotilla and maybe 15 people.

Where were all of you hiding.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Geeeze... I cant believe I have to dumpster dive in my own stinking garbage can to prove something to a buncha jerks like you. :wink:

The top fishhead is the Wilson river fish that Marie punched a hole in the right gillplate (per contest rules). Bottom one is the one I caught with Bruce on Friday... note that there is NO hole punched in the right gillplate. Marie's number at Tillamook bait is (503) 842-5031 if you want to call and ask her. By the way the Wilson fish was a hen and the Willamette fish was a buck.

Next thing you all are going to tell me that there is no way that that looks like it is a twenty pound fish and for sure it isn't longer than 35 inches. :hoboy: Anyone want to ask me what rock I was standing on?

Hey Bruce, Why dont you post a picture of the MONSTER you caught on Friday. :grin: Was that a salmon or a trout, I cant remember! :laugh:

UG

[ 04-20-2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Now Scott,

Do you have something to say to Brad? :rolleyes:

Let's all keep fishin and no more

I think I'll :cheers: then :sleep: then call in :sick: so I can
a fish as long as it is really

Happy Easter

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
GRB and UG

I figure Bruce I knew you well enough to tease you and Brad a little sorry if anyone took it wrong. I sent Brad a long email. Nice fish
, Both of them :blush:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Bruce and Scott,

Sorry if I got a little grumpy with you all. Please accept my apologies. Rereading back now I can see that you were just teasing me. My fault I took it the wrong way.

I hurt my back a little over a year ago and it continues to drive me nuts. I love fishing, and its been frusterating not being able to get out as much as I did last year. Nearly everytime I go, sitting in a boat for hours aggravates the injury and I pay for it for a couple days after. Fishing on Friday made my back hurt, which caused me to get a late start on Saturday and by Sunday I was in serious pain. :mad: Sitting in church was torture, I skipped Easter dinner at my folks house came home and got on the pain meds.

I guess I don't take teasing very well with my back throbbing and on pain meds chased with beer on a Sunday.

I have had a lot of days or afternoons this year when I was wishing I was fishing and have been stuck home with a hurting back. Its making me kinda grumpy and a little jealous of you guys that are on the water as much as I would like to be. :depressed:

UG

PS: Scott I was using your egg cure.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Marie: watch for Left vent. Sp. this will be the last year we will see any. They will be 5 year olds from Whiskey Creek. They should be big. Now that we are doing the Ad, well I guess they all come from Whiskey Creed from now on. Kidding. Sure hope folks go to Salem Thurs and support keeping our hatcheries open. If not we just as well hang em up. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Scott,

A tip for the future.

If you limit your smack, rips, disrespects, joking, prodding, kidding etc.. to being directed at me, non of the normal people will have to worry.

This method seems to work very well with all the people who know me.

Brad,

Hang in there man. I had constant pain for 30 yrs till I got my hip replaced last spring. Now I need a new excuse for being a hot head.

I'll make sure you get a cushy seat from now on.

Have you tried Black Velvet on the rocks? It's a miracle cure.

GRB

Professional Whipping Boy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts