IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
119,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big fish today reminded me of the contest on ifish. Shall I enter? Nah... That would be really tacky! :smile:

Just remember, the big fish are just coming in!
:smile:
The longest springer will be awarded June 30th!

Anyway, I just thought I would take a little time here to go over the rules again. Here they are:

1) You must be wearing an Ifish hat in your fish picture that will be sent in to www.ifish.net. (You should probably order a hat before it starts!!) Hats are available online at www.ifish.net, if you click right here. If you can't afford to buy a hat, fish with an ifisher who has one, or borrow one from an ifisher on the water!

2) Jack Salmon do not count. It must be a fin clipped, adult fish over 24 inches!

3) You must take a picture, and send it to www.ifish.net for posting. You may post it using the picture upload feature in the middle top of ifish's Bulletin Board pages. You may also take a picture, and have someone else scan it and e mail it in.

4) This contest is for ifish members. You must be an active ifish member. You must have registered on the www.ifish.net board before February 1st, 2003, and have at least 10 posts to enter the contest.

5) The fish must be tagged on your harvest card, and you must provide a copy of your license when you pick up your prize.

6) Fish must be verified by the check in point for date and time, or length and girth.
Please have merchant punch hole in right gill plate.

7) Longest spring Chinook will be awarded June 30th. (Measured from nose to tail, tip to tip, and then girth, in case we have a tie for longest length). The longest Spring chinook must be entered, and posted on the ifish board by 11:59 PM June 29th.

8) First spring Chinook caught will be awarded March 10th.

(This should give people enough time to submit it to www.ifish.net.)

9) You must have the check point business person write you a certificate.
This must include the checker's name, company and phone number.
Your name, size and length of fish, and most importantly, the time and date caught.
This can be on any paper, as long as it is verified when I call them!
-------------------
You can access the rules page by clicking here.

Dang... and I could use a new Lami! :smile:

Jen

[ 05-19-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

G

·
Originally posted by [email protected]:
My big fish today reminded me of the contest on ifish. Shall I enter? Nah... That would be really tacky! :smile:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yeah it would be tacky because we all know that you had that hog tethered out by the Oyster House just so you could win :wink: I say enter the fish Jennie :cheers:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Jennie- you can't enter cause you weren't wearing an ifish hat. :depressed: Course- you could change the rules! :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Jennie, I love good competition and am usually willing to give it the old college try. Expecially when it comes to fishing. I am glad to see that a prize is being offered for this one as there was a total bust for the springer flotilla competition in April. I would have gone fishing even without the flotilla but since I caught the biggest fish that day, I should be the Springer Champ to dethrone next year. Is this the way we will do these in the future? Are we doing away with the flotillas as they are great fun and has allowed many of us to meet and fish with new people that belong to the Ifish board.
I just want to keep this going but if the events are snubbed we may as well not have them. We jsut have to find a way to continue with them. You just gotta love the pot luck idea and the food too.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

G

·
Jen,

Someday that fish should be on your wall in a re-production and nice mount from the picture.

(Since you already ate it :tongue: )

Rick

·
Administrator
119,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flotillas....

How can I say this?

The name flotilla took on a bad meaning for me, when I overheard some pretty wild stories. I wasn't there, so it is all hearsay, but...

Some of the flotillas "sounded" a bit too bizarre for me to feel good about being involved with. I have heard some pretty sordid tales, and liability issues could arise.

I have only been to one. I went to one in Portland, (Clackamas flotilla) and I was very impressed with that one. Everything was really nicely done, well handled and managed. Giz does a good job of organizing these, and he goes through plenty of headaches and thankless hours of work to do so. Three cheers for Giz! :cheers:

Flotilla is a term, I think, used by a group of guys and gals from all the boards.

If you want ifish to sponsor something like a flotilla, let's talk, but here is a warning: it may be more "tame" than some like it.

I'm all for fishing get togethers, pot lucks, and a few beers afterwards, for those who choose to partake. I don't however, want ifish to sponsor a wild party :smile: .

I kind of feel that flotilla is a term already taken, if we wanted to start a new ifish fishing tradition.

Think about what you guys want. I'm certainly not opposed to letting you guys broadcast news of future flotillas, but none of the boards, (that I know of), ever have sponsored one of them. pisc, nwsteel and ifish all just let you guys plan away. :smile:

I'm all for group fishing fun! Either you plan it on your own, and use the boards to broadcast, or you can plan it under ifish, but.. if you want ifish to help provide prizes, or to organize it and advertise it as an ifish event, I have to make sure Ifish can't be held liable for any mishaps.

So, there ya go. :smile:

Jen

[ 05-19-2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Jenny, I believe your fish should be in the contest and set the bar for all those up to the challenge. JMHO.

·
Administrator
119,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah... No one would play... Too darned intimidating. :smile:

LOL!

J

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Jennie you do a great job for us and I am pretty lucky to be part of this board and want to contribute whatever I can to help keep it going and to make it fun. I had no clue there had been anything but honorable and fun events. I have attended the one at the Lewis River, the Jetty Party two seasons back, the last two Springer gatherings at Sand Island and the one at Busters after the Clackamas fishing day. They have all been well attended and lots of fun. I have met many nice people while attending these gatherings. Perhaps I have been going home before problems arise but sureley for this to continue we all have to accept some responsibility for our actions and not abuse the priveleges offered. Are we adults or smolt?
We have some great people involved and they spend endless hours sharing information for our others. Our events should be a gathering of mutual interest fishers that want to have fun and perhaps a pot luck and invite others to participate without strings of attachment to the board. Having been in the insurance claims field for over 30 years I can understand the Liability issues and why you want to be careful. Hopefully everyone else will share that same interest and make our socila gatherings fun and just a social.

Now, just how big was that phantom fish? :shrug:

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts