IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been working on this for some time, editor Mike Mazur is coming to Oregon next week to chase Albies and experience the OTC firsthand.

He'll be fishing the Shake-N-Bake with Mike on tournament day...Mark Mc and an all star crew make up a tough team for the final leg.

Tuna Time and I are taking him out the days we can prior to the tourney. We'll make sure he has a good time and positive things to say about Oregon and Oregon anglers. We want to focus on the experience and not the numbers...more of the sights and sounds of our little slice of heaven.

The guy is young (low 30's) and fired up about fishing with this group...I've explained how we all work together and it's a real community of anglers...from what I gather that's not a common theme elsewhere. So the Salty Dogs should get some positive press as an example of selflessness. Our group participation in the OTC lends even more to this point...anglers helping to feed the hungry in their communities.

Now if only Mother Nature will cooperate...

· Banned
953 Posts
We've been working on this for some time, editor Mike Mazur is coming to Oregon next week to chase Albies and experience the OTC firsthand.

He'll be fishing the Shake-N-Bake with Mike on tournament day...Mark Mc and an all star crew make up a tough team for the final leg.

Tuna Time and I are taking him out the days we can prior to the tourney. We'll make sure he has a good time and positive things to say about Oregon and Oregon anglers. We want to focus on the experience and not the numbers...more of the sights and sounds of our little slice of heaven.

The guy is young (low 30's) and fired up about fishing with this group...I've explained how we all work together and it's a real community of anglers...from what I gather that's not a common theme elsewhere. So the Salty Dogs should get some positive press as an example of selflessness. Our group participation in the OTC lends even more to this point...anglers helping to feed the hungry in their communities.

Now if only Mother Nature will cooperate...

Nice!! I am sure you will do us all proud..... I just got back form the Mailbox and I have my new Sportfishingmag gear bag for renewing my subscription.....:yay:

· Registered
1,146 Posts
Great job Bud. If he wants to go slumming in a Striper, let me know.
TV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.