IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Administrator
129,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPORT FISHING FORUM // MUST RSVP!

OK! This is the one we've been waiting for! This is IMPORTANT!!! We need attendance, here! :smile:
Jen

SPORT FISHING FORUM

Sport fishing opportunity on the Columbia and Willamette Rivers is on the decline and sport anglers are angry. Oregon’s tourism and sport fishing industry are hurting too. The Fish & Wildlife Commission will soon make allocation decisions that will impact us for years to come.

It’s Time for Change!

All of you are well aware that the current allocation between sport and commercial in Oregon is not equitable, and needs to be fixed.

On Sunday, December 4th sports anglers and local businesses will have the opportunity to help educate the following legislators who represent the Clackamas region about the importance of the Columbia River Allocation:

Senator Kurt Schrader (D-Canby), Representative Wayne Scott (R-Canby), Representative Scott Bruun (R-West Linn), Representative Dave Hunt (D-Oregon City) and Representative Mike Schaufler (D-Happy Valley)

Sport Fishing Forum
Oregon City Fisherman’s Marine & Outdoor
1900 SE McLoughlin Blvd
Sunday, December 4th, 2005
6:30 - 8:30 P.M.

YOU MUST RSVP TO NSIA AT (503) 631-8859

· Registered
2,937 Posts
Re: SPORT FISHING FORUM // MUST RSVP!

Although this meeting may not require written comments I would like to ask that anyone thinking of sending in comments to ODFW or the Political interests consider doing the following. Insert the following logo into the top left-hand corner of your correspondence

It would be best if you wrote your comments in Word and attached it to the e-mail. Here is a link to a pre-formatted Word file:
http://home.comcast.net/~lway3/Ifish_Document.doc
Just complete your sentiments, save on your computer, and attach.
In this way Staff may not edit out the logo. Also, it would be helpful if you carbon-copied the e-mail to NSIA. That will give then some understanding going into this the amount of leverage they have.

(please be aware you will see this post on related threads until the commission meets)

· Registered
97 Posts

I have helped set up this Forum, so I want to let you know what I was thinking. First, we need to pack this meeting. I figure our store could hold up to 150-200 people. We need to educate our political leaders to what the issue's are and how they can help in those issue's. The sport fishermen have not had politicians that have spoke out LOUDLY for our seasons and needs. We need our local leaders to speak out for their constituates and help get us full seasons. These representative's districts are full of sport fishermen. This is your time to be in contact and let these rep's know that you vote and sport fishing is important to you. We need these rep's to come forward for us NOW , as allocation issue's are decided in the next month. The states want 5 year agreements (not good). These political leaders need to make sure their constituates have 5 years of good seasons, not poor seasons that hurt their area and their area's economies. Please sign up NOW. You don't have to live in Clackamas/Oregon City, just in Oregon and care about sport fishing seasons.

Dan Grogan
President, Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor

· Registered
2,098 Posts

Kudos to you Dan for setting this up as this is a good step in the right direction! What I would like to know, why only legislators from the immediate area. Sure, I realize the close proximity makes it easier for them to attend, but why not get some from the near by areas such as Salem, Albany, Hood River, etc? Even more importantly, while getting one of the attendees to sponsor a or co-sponsor a bill, wouldnt it be nice to get rep's from the committee that will hear it to take this and run with it?? Thanks again!! :twocents:

· Registered
17,451 Posts

I forwarded this to Senator Burdick and Rep Galizio who I've been having some one going discussions with - Burdick says that she is pro sport fishing - Galizio is interested -

Wow that weekend is going to be busy - what am I saying - that sunday is going to be busy - looking at the calendar now - forwarded to my e-mail dist list as well

· Administrator
129,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

NSIA banquet Sat night
This meeting Sun night
Ifish Christmas party Monday night.

We are going to be tired! :smile:
Who can make all three? I'm going to try!

Jen

· Registered
97 Posts

As far as other representitives. Our store only has so much room to hold this kind of event. I would suggest that anyone invite their local rep to attend. After looking at this event, I would love to have a second one at our Delta Park store. Rep Gary Hansen is a good friend and likes talking about sport fishing issue's with us. He is from the North Portland area. If we hosted a second event we would expand the group. As far as committees that these reps head, two of them head the ways and means. One in the house and one in the senate. These issues effect them greatly, as to the income and spending of the State. As I have learned, when and if you are trying to pass a bill, it can end up in almost any committee. As far as the RSVP. Again we only have so much room and we have to set up and get ready for this meeting a half hour after we close, in the Christmas season. Also this is a sport fishing meeting to educate the Reps of our issues, that a sport fishing business is sponsoring and facilitating. I want to know who and how many are coming so we can control any situations that may arise. The poster for this event says, Fisherman's reserves the right to remove anyone from this event. That is not to be a a** about it. It is just that we want the sport fishing industry and sport fishermen's issues understood by our State reps with out problems. Thanks for all the interest and hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Dan Grogan
President, Fishermans Marine & Outdoor

· Registered
7,824 Posts

OK! This is the one we've been waiting for! This is IMPORTANT!!! We need attendance, here! :smile:
Jen

SPORT FISHING FORUM

Sport fishing opportunity on the Columbia and Willamette Rivers is on the decline and sport anglers are angry. Oregon’s tourism and sport fishing industry are hurting too. The Fish & Wildlife Commission will soon make allocation decisions that will impact us for years to come.

It’s Time for Change!

All of you are well aware that the current allocation between sport and commercial in Oregon is not equitable, and needs to be fixed.

On Sunday, December 4th sports anglers and local businesses will have the opportunity to help educate the following legislators who represent the Clackamas region about the importance of the Columbia River Allocation:

Senator Kurt Schrader (D-Canby), Representative Wayne Scott (R-Canby), Representative Scott Bruun (R-West Linn), Representative Dave Hunt (D-Oregon City) and Representative Mike Schaufler (D-Happy Valley)

Sport Fishing Forum
1900 SE McLoughlin Blvd

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's Funny Jen.... You know that anglers won't get involved. They'll just sit back and complain when things don't go their way...

3,761 Posts

Jen

SPORT FISHING FORUM

It’s Time for Change!

Sport Fishing Forum
1900 SE McLoughlin Blvd

That's Funny Jen.... You know that anglers won't get involved. They'll just sit back and complain when things don't go their way...

Hey Ocean Blue, I don't mean any disrespect but I hope your comments wern't directed at all sport fisher people...... I for one will be there at this meeting as I was chastised recently for not making another important meeting.....

As far as sitting back and complaining, you darn right I will when things don't go the way of the sport fising people..... I have earned the right to complain through my volunteer work and my $$$$$ I have donated to orginizations like NSIA and ANWS...... So I ask you please not to stereotype "Non Involved Anglers" because there are allot of "Involved Anglers" out here......

You know what else I suggest, I suggest we have a big Ifish habitat & restoration day on the river somewhere and see who shows up..... Heck, for that matter why don't we schedule 1 per quarter.....

I happen to know a couple of Tillamook District Biologist's and I am sure there are many projects that they can get us all involved with..... Heck, there are also many local projects our biologist do on a weekly basis that they need help on that you can choose what locale and what project you want to get involved with. One that I have been involved with in recent years is Fish specie ID on the N.Fork of Dairy Creek..... Another has been habitat restoration projects on the Trask river as well as Coho spawning ground restoration on the Big Nehalem River.....

· Administrator
129,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ocean Blue, you got one on the line!
:laugh:

:smile:

Jen

· Registered
3,586 Posts

.. I for one will be there at this meeting as I was chastised recently for not making another important meeting.....

As far as sitting back and complaining, you darn right I will when things don't go the way of the sport fising people......

Who would do something like that? :shrug: Glad you will be there, now..................complain away.

BCF :flowered:

· Registered
2,098 Posts

:help:Just got my RSVP done for me and my girlfriend. PEOPLE...There have been only 70 RSVP so far. Come on get on the list!! :clap:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.