IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a low profile reel that I can order spare spools for to change line quickly where ever I am fishing. Is there such a reel? It would be nice to have a spool rigged up if I wanted to do different things in the same day. Say have 10lb on for baitcasting in a clear water creek, and 20lb spool ready if I wanted to go plunking on the Columbia on the way home. Most people might buy two reels and/or two polls but I think it would be nice to have this option. Any advice on a reel that can do this?

Thanks Shawn

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
... but you'll use one rod for that small creek and a much bigger stick for plunking. you'll end up swapping that one reel across three different rods and four or five different spools. i'm not trying to talk you out of it. just making an observation.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is very true ampersat. I see your point. I am just trying to justify buying another reel that I can use for different things. Maybe I just need to buy a electric spooler to change line at home. But it is probably less expensive to just get another reel.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
But it is probably less expensive to just get another reel.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">you're just shopping for a good excuse to buy more reels, then rods, then more gear.
:grin: :wink:

plan wisely, buy good quality gear and you'll save money in the long run. doesn't have to be lami, berkley IM7's are good value for the money if you take care of them. buy ambassadeurs today and you'll be handing them off to your grandchildren.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts