IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reelin Randy,

Could you give me some info on "SpongeBob"? Fished across from Kelly Point on Wednesday. Weather should be like that more often. Had three take downs in 22 ft. of water on Kwickies. Missed all three. Guy at tackle shop says I ought to drop my back hook back with swivel and additional split ring. Do you do that?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Eric Linde does that on his Kwikfish and I plan to do it on mine. Haven't fished any of my own Kwikfish this year. Saturday's project is modifying Kwikfish, using the sponge and catching fish <grin>.

Silver Hilton suggested replacing the treble's with singles and I'm going to do that too.

Whoops..forgot the Fish Sponge Link

Brion

[ 04-10-2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I at least add another split ring to the center hook, and prefer singles, hung from a a lrge swivel. I pry the eyes open, hand a swivel from the eye, and then put the siwash on that. Both singles and trebles miss some fish, but once you hook them on a single, they're yours.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Last three trips, out of 8 fish hooked (pole flat, not counting one broke off and another six drive-by's) the eight that made it out of the poleholder all made it to the boat. Some on stock K-14 hooks and some on Owner trebles. The only things you need to worry about is keep your hooks sharp, leave it in the holder until it takes line or you're positive it won't take line, cut anchor and fight it in slack water instead of current, and as mentioned before drop your tip and let off a little pressure when a fish starts rolling on the surface. I have a nice pile of vacuum sealed springer growing in the freezer and I think it's due to these few particulars...

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I won't disagree, though I have a slight preference for singles over trebles. You HAVE to let the rod go down and stay down. If you get 75% of the fish into the net, you're doing well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts