IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... We left the docks at 0630 today and were done with 4 coho and 2 nooks by 0800. The largest was about 18 lbs. :grin: I went in and dropped off my two man crew and picked up my wife, one daughter and two neighbors. We were fishing again by 1030 and were done by 1230 with 5 nooks and 1 coho. The first fish of the second trip was a 36lb'r and the last fish was a 31lb'r for the wife, who was thrilled! :dance: We pulled our crab gear and got 13, so we are throwing a BBQ for several neighbors and friends tonight. I gotta go run the BBQ and drink a cold one or two! :cheers:

Hope you all had a great weekend. SD

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Spoiled Daddy AND spoiled neighbors! What a day! I'm green with envy after defrosting the freezer, watering the garden and folding laundry today.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Spoiled Daddy it was great meeting you on Saturday. I have never had such a great day of fishing that I can remember. The fish we caught Saturday weighed in at, chinook 45, 44, 39, 32, 27, 22, coho, 14, 11 pounds at the scale at the dock. I wish I had a digital scale with me. I think I will have to go back down mid week and the week end again. Hope to see you again.
Sean :dance:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Great fish, good times with the family - I'm envious.

My weekend was similar to Pete's. Too damned hot here to do much outside although I am trying something new - cold smoking cheese. Hope I don't end up with a big gob of melted cheese on the pan.

Thanks for sharing your picture and report.

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Right on Daddy!!!

Nice Smily's

Thanx for the post.

(you'll see mine tomorrow)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We ran all weekend out of Newport.

A little blustery here today and heavy fog inland. It will probably be that way for a few days until the valley cools off.

SD

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a pic of the wifes 31 lb'r right after she caught it. You can tell she is a pretty good pick for a crew on the boat. And yes... if you look in the background, that is exactly how flat the ocean was on Sunday morning!

SD

·
Registered
603 Posts
More info pls.

I went out of Westport last week and trolled flies on the surface. Hadn't done that before and only landed one. Turns out I was a buoy short. I quit at #5 and should have gone to #3

Green and silver, no weight, 50' back, 4.5mph, zig-zag. I'm going to continue to learn that method. When the strike occurs it's a heart stopper.

The bottom fish didn't let me down.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I need to get down that way and give it a shot. The Columbia Bar can be a little more that I like some times in my 19'Duckworth. REALLY have to pick your days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts