IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing spinners for the last few years for some springers but primarily for fall fish in the bays. Mostly from shore. My question is what spinners do you use when it is sunny out or lets say when it's really overcast. I've hooked fish in all these conditions but I don't get to fish them enough to notice a pattern.
I make my own and would like to narrow down the field a little. Not so many choices if you know what I mean. Any info woould be appreciated, just something I was wondering.

Thanks in advance Geoff

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I use Painted blades when it is overcast (rainbows, half orange & white and solid orange)
When It is clear or Bright out I like non-painted blades ( gold, brass & sliver and sliver blades) But I Only use Guide green beads or Bright red ones. Just my $0.02 Good Luck

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I primarily use red, faded orange color, and green. In the years past I only used brass, copper, and blue tipped rainbows. This year though I got some gold ones, copper, nickel. Haven't use the rainbows much.
I've use nickel and gold when the sun was out, I figured it would put off more flash. Used copper very seldom this year. Haven't hooked any on copper.
I know there is a system to choosing blades for the conditions but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe one of the spinner guru's on here will chime in with some advice for me.

Thanks for the tips, Geoff

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Try and PM Get Bent He is full of spinner knowledge and is very helpful

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
chartruse/green beads with #5 nickle blade on it, right now at the bench. throw a 2oz bank sinker on and catch fish ...it`s hot right now! :cheers:

·
Registered
210 Posts
The genral rule is bright and painted in the overcast days and keep it copper, brass, or silver for sunny days. I think the green and red beads are a must in any condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts