IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the line-up for the Clinic next Wed. April 16th, at 6:30 PM. Please advise me via e-mail if anyone can't make it.

Wednesday April 16th Clinic

Smily
Jettin' Fool
Land Shark
Tilla
Sturgeon Tom
GaryK
Mrs. GaryK
Brshooter
Trick
Trap 50
Mrs. Trap 50
Skrimmy
Bait O' Eggs
Skein
Big n' Bright

These are going to be fun, and hopefully everyone who attends will leave feeling comfortable in knowing how to make your own spinners and spreaders.

I will be concentrating on the technique of spinner making, and making sure everyone has it down. I will also talk about spinner components, and also a bit about proportions. There will also be a couple of tips on some spinners that have been some of my favorites over the years.

For those who may need directions to Great American Tackle, here is a link to Gary's web site: Great American Tackle

[ 04-16-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Drachir ]

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the list of people who are on the waiting list:

Jettin' Fool (has invitation to attend)
Gus Orviston
Drifter1431
Krue Chief
Husky
Pearl

I have had a cancelation, so Jettin' Fool, you have mail!!

If anyone else would like to be added to the waiting list, let me know!!

[ 04-15-2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Drachir ]

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like everyone who is coming to the clinics to be sure to bring along a good pair of needle nose pliers. That way everyone will have a tool to make their own spinners with. For those who want to learn using Round Nose Pliers, I will have a few pair for you to try. They can be purchased ahead of time if you would like. I would recommend that if you think you are going to get serious about making spinners, go out and buy a pair before the clinic.

Gary has brought in some nice round nose pliers for the clinics. They will cost $11.99, and have nice small pointed ends. They have a built in wire cutter and a flat part on the jaws for holding the loop for easier wrapping. Anyone in need should take a look at these before you buy any, these are nice!!

Times for Both Clinics will be from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM.

[ 04-15-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Drachir ]

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jettin' Fool you are in the Clinic, see you there!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Richard, see you tonight. I hope there are enough of those round tip needle nosed pliers to go around. I'll buy a pair.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I'm heading up from Albany shortly after 4:00 if anybody needs a ride.

Skein

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
Whoopy cushion, check
megaphone, check
laser pointer, check
elk call, check
fire cracker, check
water squirting tie, check
hand shake buzzer, check

Not sure why Skein wanted me to bring all these props for him, but I hope Drachir has fun trying to run a class with some over aged juveniles sitting in the back of the class :wink:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I will do everything I can to get there after surgery. :whazzup: :hoboy:
I got my roundnose pliers and ready to go,er hobble. :shocked:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
OOPS! They scheduled my surgery for 5PM. Overnight stay. I won't make it!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big n' Bright & Tilla,
Sorry you two can't make the clinic tonight. I wish you well on your surgery Tilla. Let me know how you're doing after some recovery time, OK. :wink:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, w/ the 2 cancelations that means Gus Orviston & Drifter 1431 are invited to attend tonight's clinic. I know this is very short notice, sorry can't be helped!! :smile:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
BOE, you crack me up :laugh: will you be available next week for my daughters birthday party :wink: you short guys have the funniest sense of humor :dance:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Rick,
Thanks for giving up your evening to teach us some new spinner tricks tonight. I learned a lot.

Thanks to Gary at Great American Tackle for hosting this event and for sharing some of his spinner tricks as well.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At this time I'm not planning on doing any other clinics in the near future.

I have been invited to do one at the NW Steelheaders Swap in May, but as yet am undecided. I will post on I-Fish if I plan to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts