IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a spincast rod and reel be effective in running a jet diver and bait or is this stickly a baitcast rod and reel rigging. I've got the baitcast for one would like to be able to gear a friend on drift on Monday. Waste of time to try the spincast-jetdiver-bait?

·
Premium Member
14,440 Posts
i don't see why you couldn't run a jet diver using a spinning reel. all you do is let the diver out in the current, then put the brakes on at the proper distance so it dives. you'll get some funny looks because i don't think i've ever heard of or seen anyone do it, but whatever it takes to get you fishing. you should be able to lay the reel over at its foot into the rod holder. you might want to roll over the rod lock down on the holder to make sure the rod doesn't rocket out if you get a fish on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You really mean spinning reel rather than a spincast reel.. right? A spinning reel should do just fine with a good rod holder but a spincast rod and reel save for trout fishing with kids.
I would take a super cheap spinning reel over a spincast anyday. Besides, you may be breaking new ground with a snoopy pole running diver and bait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts