IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am looking for any advice possible...I recieved a speeding ticket in WA that I feel was completley unfair.... So with that said I want to fight it.... 1/2 of my job is driving, so traffic tickets can cost me my career....I want to figure out the best route to go....I could:
ying
1:plead not guilty and fight it and also hope the state trooper does not show up or...

2:plead guilt and hope and pray that the state of WA has some kinda driving school to get the ticket off my record or...

3:just eat it and pay it and possibly loose my job....I am praying this is not my option...

So any advice or help would be great...

Thanks, CO

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Wa. does have a differment. You pay extra but if no tickets in one year it stays off your record. Don't ask me how I know this!

·
Registered
271 Posts
You need to get on the phone and find out if they have a driving class you can attend to keep the ticket off your record. I did this a few years ago in Oregon. I am sure they have some sort of program that is similar. Good luck. I know the cost of the ticket is nothing compared to the blemish on the driving record.

·
Banned
2,008 Posts
just spoke with our departmental attorney- Her advice:
1. Do not speed.
2. Explain to the judge what your situation is and how it will negatively affect your job. Ask politely for them to "vacate" one of your convictions on the premise that you go one year without any infractions in any state.

If you do succeed in this, and you do get a ticket, the old will be reinstated, and you are really in a mess.

Also, get a lawyer, you may not be able to talk in court.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wa. does have a differment. You pay extra but if no tickets in one year it stays off your record. Don't ask me how I know this!
Thanks for all that responded...I figured out what I am going to do....As stated above...You pay the fine, and the court holds the ticket for one year and if you do not get another they rip it up and throw it away...Works for me...

·
Registered
961 Posts
I got pulled over in a traffic sting in Cornelius in 03 going 34 in a 30. I had never seen a cop in that town untill that day. They were doing a traffic sting to raise revenue or whatever. There must have been 10 cars pulled over all through that town before they got me.
They had me do an online traffic school and my ticket did NOT come off my record. I would not take that course again.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Got one 70 in 55 outside of Sisters. Conservation law violation $58 bucks.Pd it the next morning in Bend, couldn't find the ticket, so they had to contact the officer to fax it to them.

Hated that 55 mph BS!:jester:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If my job were on the line I wouldn't take any chances on what a court clerk told me, I'd retain a lawyer who specialized in traffic offenses...

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
That's a problem these days. Drive the speed limit get run over, go too fast and get a ticket.

I started driving the speed limit or maybe Five over, it is the surest way to
P!$$ people off.

My heart is with you !

Good luck

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Tell them to stuff the ticket and catch you if they can:yay::yay:

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If my job were on the line I wouldn't take any chances on what a court clerk told me, I'd retain a lawyer who specialized in traffic offenses...
I did talk to a lawyer....She advised me to do the option I am going with...If I want to pay more, then I could hire her.....Just means I will have to drive the limit for one year...:passout:

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tell them to stuff the ticket and catch you if they can:yay::yay:
Or there is you way Mike....I would love to do that!!! If I did, are you hiring???:cheers:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad it is going to work out for you.
You can always retain the lawyer if you want. Or better yet, you can tell the cop to stuff it and retain her for that charge also. hahahaha I am sure she wont mind either way.

Or there is you way Mike....I would love to do that!!! If I did, are you hiring???:cheers:

·
Registered
960 Posts
In Washington State the officer doesn't have to show in court usless you supena him. If he doesn't show, his copy of the ticket is his testimony (that was an expensive lesson learned).

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I might be. How do you like crawling around with spiders?:grin::grin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts