IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be down in the area of Fields in southern Oregon scouting for a Sheep tag I have and want to know if there is any good fishing options in the area of Fields or Denio?If I am successful on my hunt in September I may want to stick around for a day or 2 and do some trout fishing if there is something worth going after.Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Unless you know of some of the BLM stocked potholes, Mann Lake is probably the closest trout water - pretty tough mid-summer. The Blitzen river (as most streams down there) is mainly C&R if open at all. If you don't mind traveling, you have the N. Fork Malheur above Juntura and Beulah Res. a few hours away. The Owyhee at Rome may have something to catch, but you might be best served talking to someone when you get in the vicinity.

SureSet

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Malheur River as it comes out of Warm springs reservoir rivals the Metolius for beauty, but the fish are bigger, there is more of them, and they are much more willing biters.

Wildhorse lake on Steens mountain is a fantastic place more for the scenery than the fish, but the fishing is good too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts