IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in law is taking me out on his new Legend this weekend in the south Puget Sound. I am sure he will know the good spots to get some Salmon, but I was wondering if any here has any pointers or tips about fishing in area 11, i.e. bait, lures, etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Big E,
My advice would be to get north of area 11. It's that "Shaker" time of year in the South Sound. You can pick up a Silver or two at Pt. D but there are lot's of little Blackmouth running aroundas well. I'd head north to area 10. The Silver fishing is pretty good right now off of Alki, West Point, Edmonds, Jeff's head, Apple Tree, Possession and Pt No Pt.

We have been doing pretty well trolling hootchies or Bucktails, 30 - 75 feet on the riggers and troll FAST! We have been running about 5mph!

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Try cut-plug with a tight spin on a five foot leader. Use a Deep Six or 3-4 oz. sinker and let out about 30 ft. behind the boat. Try in the current seams in front of the Slag Pile or near the mouth of river. Mostly silvers 20-30 ft. down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. We launched in Rustin and unfortunalty our motor went south. We limped back in without even getting our line wet! I tried a little pier fishing to help ease the pain, but all in all, not much fun. I am heading up in two weeks, hopefully the motor will be fixed and I can have a re-do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts