IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my daughter down the South Monday. The river level keeps dropping. Is it driftable ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry Steelie I didn't get back to you. Did you make the drift? How'd you do? I drifted that section last year a couple times later in the year and had no problems. Doesn't really mean much this year but again sorry for the late report.

[ 05-26-2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Phishin Phool ]

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Drifted from Pleasant Valley to Jack's Monday. Didn't get too early of a start (my girlfriend wanted to go, but draggin' her rear out of bed in the morning is a chore in itself :rolleyes: ). Had one good backbouncing bite that scared me so much that I completely missed it and that was it for the day. Saw a few fish rolling but none of the other boats had seemed to do anything either. Water level seemed pretty decent with good color.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty slow day. I only ran into two other drifters. Water was perfect. No grinding.
Saw one bankie lose a Summer leaper in the first hole after the put in.
Talked to two guys that just lost a springer in the hole before the frog water that ends at the carbody hole. They also lost a summer earlier in the day.
I missed a couple of hard deep bites while coaching and just enjoying the day.
It will get better.
Sure miss Jack for shuttles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts