IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to learn how to float the South Santiam and catch summer steelhead. Nothing good is free and I’m willing to pay a guide to show me. Maybe a couple of trips.

So who are the best guides for summers on the South Santiam?

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
Grant S. Spring Chinook are more of his program but that is his turf.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Sweet Home and have caught 100s of summer steelhead over the years and I pretty much have gave up on it now and ocean fish, but if i were to hire a guide i would Recommend Brock Crocker at Crockers guide service as he is a Local and knows this river, he also lives in Sweet Home!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Grant S. Spring Chinook are more of his program but that is his turf.
interesting, I've been drifting the South S for 20 years. I see Grant plenty on a couple of other rivers. I've never seen him drift the SS. Timing must be everything

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
interesting, I've been drifting the South S for 20 years. I see Grant plenty on a couple of other rivers. I've never seen him drift the SS. Timing must be everything
I fished it a fair amount last year and he was out pretty much every time I was....

·
Registered
16,590 Posts
You might hit up our own member here that goes by Santiam. He fishes it quite a bit and you guys might be able to come up with an arrangement.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Check with Tyler Henscheid with Hammerdown Guide Service out of Corvallis. That dude grew up fishing the South and knows it really well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Check with Tyler Henscheid with Hammerdown Guide Service out of Corvallis. That dude grew up fishing the South and knows it really well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I’ve fished with Tyler on the Alsea for both Steelhead and Salmon, good dude and fun to hang out with. Buddy’s been with him a couple times on the Santiam for springers and had one great trip and another average trip catching wise. I would book him if I was looking fir a trip over there.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I ran into Tyler at the gas station here in Philomath. I was filling my ocean boat and we talked fishing. He was willing to trade trips so that is something that you might talk to him about. The SS is a fun river to drift. I have heard that some of the sections of the NS have got dangerous? Root wads and down trees? also the main river.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts