IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in a week and a half any river well change----BITE----ect, I think Fisherlady and her bo--- well get together and fish it if it's worth the time.
If it's stell kicking out fish we well be hitting it the weekend of 1st of Augest.

Whow is it at this time?? or should we head to the coast???
Thanks and Tight Lines......Mr.A

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've caught decent fish up there well into August, most of the steelhead are still in really good shape. The chinook are getting a bit bronze for my taste, although there are some good ones mixed in. We caught a really nice chrome chinook up at the church hole on August 27th last year. The crowds thin out quite a bit and you have your pick of spots. Hope this helps out. :cool:

·
Registered
16,608 Posts
Mr. A
I fished the Wiley Creek hole last Friday evening and it was very slow. There were no fish caught by the flossers at the creek and a few hooked up at the dead line. I fished mostly the lower end of the hole with bobber and jig and did hook a thing. The only fish caught in that hole were three by the fly guys in the fast water at the end of the hole. The guys floating through in drift boats could see allot of fish in the hole but they all must of had lock jaw. The water was very warm, I waded around all evening in shorts. I also spoke with a couple of guys later in the evening at the church hole and they said "allot of fishermen and no fish" for that hole that evening. I think it's kind of hit or miss this time of year, the bite can turn on/off very quickly. If I go back, next time I will fish the fast water only.

JK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts