IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Father's day my family and I will be leaving for one of the South central lakes. Last year we visited Diamond Lake for the first time in about 10 years. Granted the fishing or catching I should say wasn't as good as in years past, but I managed numerous fish in the 2-3 pound class. :cheers: Not to mention having caught one of the planted chinook.

We were thinking heavily this year of visiting Miller Lake near Chemult and see if it was a very fishy place. Based on the description it sounds like a very nice lake with one exception.... West Nile Blood Suckers :shocked:

My son has high school rodeo finals at the end of our vacation so we will be venturing down to K-Falls where I plan on spending some time on Lake of the Woods or one of the other lakes in the area. Having not fished in the K-Falls area, I was wondering if one of you ifisher's down that way could offer some suggestions as to what and where to go.
I don't plan on spending my entire time at the rodeo and want to enjoy the area and scenery as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fishtail;
I try to fish Miller Lake a couple of times a year. The fishing for Rainbow and Browns is great. In June the mosquitoes are horrendous. By mid July (depending on the snow pack) they're gone. In August & September you can't find a mosquito. It's a great lake, far enough off the beaten path that it's not heavily fished. There's always a campsite, but June is not the time to go in my opinion.
Shaniko

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate all of the info on Miller Lake. I'm not at all surprised by the comment that Shaniko made with regards to the skeeters. I was hoping that just maybe, the skeeters wouldn't be all that bad this year. Diamond Lake also tends to raise healthy sized skeeters in June as well and I found that if you like to fish, you can keep away from the skeeters on the lake.

I like lakes that are off the beaten path where you can fish and relax in the quiet. Miller sounds like one of those lakes.

Over the years I have grown accustom to fishing the lakes on Century Drive and haven't ventured very far South and figured since I was heading for K-Falls, I might as well take advantage of the lakes down there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts