IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is your leader when drift fishing corkies? What is OC? I read "fishing (someplace, east -west -up -down) of OC. Can I assume the "catwalk" is the area across from Waterfront Park in Portland? Are two hooks on a prawn spinner leagal? Is aquiring a rap sheet a requirment to be on the TrailBlazers? How much does 1 inch of 1/4 inch solid core lead weigh? Where can I get a short length of tubing to make my own slinky filler?

I will have other questions, like - will I ever catch a fish?, but will post after I absorb the answers I get from these.

Thanks...and if you see a guy Sunday on the Sandy at Oxbow or Dodgepark in a bright yellow hat, say howdy. I'd like to meet some fellow Ifishers.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
1. I prefer 18-30 inches
2.Oregon City
3.The area I've always called the catwalk is a wooden structure on the West Linn side at Oregon City.
4.2 hooks are legal as long as the regs say they are. :rolleyes:
5. I think a rap sheet is an important part of the employment application with the Blazers. Kinda like a resume'. :hoboy:

Thats about all the help I can offer on this round of questions. As to whether or not you'll ever catch a fish, I can positively say you won't if you're not fishing. :wink:

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
1. as long as i cut it to be
2. oregon city
3. the catwalk is up by willamette falls
4. up to three hooks is legal
5. a rap sheet isn't required. some of them are actually upstanding citizens. you just don't hear about them because they're not in court.
6. i don't know how much it would weigh. why do you need to know?
7. the bottom section of the radio antenna from your neighbor's car would probably make a good slinky filler. you don't live next to me, do you?
8. yes, you will eventually catch a fish. however, it will probably be a native, or out of season, or an old boot or a trash fish. if it is a native or out of season, your buddies will be somewhere around the corner out of sight and your camera will have dead batteries or be out of film.

[ 05-02-2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: ampersat ]

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
according to my rough calculations, 1" of 1/4" lead would weigh 0.3234613068 ounces. 1/4oz would roughly be 3/4" of lead.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Just try different sizes of lead until you get a good drift ticking bottom about every 6-8 feet. After a while you will gain enough experience and just know how long to cut your lead.

If you are new to drift fishing going with a shorter leader 18-20 inches is a good bet because you can feel the bite a little better. Regulations say that you have to have at least 18 inches though (to prevent snaggers).

It's too bad the blazers have turned into a laughing stock.

You will catch a fish.

I use an old style ball point pen tube to stuff slinkies, but recently I've changed over to lead tubing. It's just easier to adjust when you need less weight....just snip a little off.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you can save youself some money by buying the bottles of steel pellets to fill slinky's, not to metion, a bit better for eco system-

OC Oregon City--

Catwalk? Isnt that part of a song by right said fred?

I believe 2 hooks is the max--but you'll have to check the reg book for the fishery your in-

someday, you will catch a fish, i might too
this is a good place to absorb info, I've absorbed, can now talk the talk of someone in the know, but have yet to post my smiley face with that hunk of silver-

Dodge Park may be good-- heard they were hitting last week--
also heard the wilson doesn't have any fish at all, nor does the Clack by the DMV

I also learned what zipperlip means, but have a problem keeping quiet... maybe--

good luck.. keep us posted on your outtings--

as for me..headed to the fishless wilson Saturday-then the fishless Clack on Sunday,

·
Registered
532 Posts
oh my leader length varies-- upon current, color, and how spooked the fish may be.. at this point, it's running about 10 feet. I figure I have yet to catch something, so those fishes must be really spooked

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
At one of Talons classes he said that 4 hooks were allowed in the Willamette this year, is that correct Talons?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
curious about the weight of the lead because if somebody say fish a 1/4 or 1/2 ounce of lead in some rubber tubing then I'd have a vague idea how much lead to put in the tubing. I was fishing about 2 " of lead, but thought that was a bit much from the broken rock in the river bed. good feel of the bottom, tho

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you can use up to THREE hooks on basically any kind of set-up (not that you'd want to).

Biederboat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts