IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Mice and rats.
I'm not proud to admit it, but mice and rats. I can not handle them.
If I found one in our house I would probably just burn the house down and explain to my wife it was time to move.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My son just pointed out that its a Giant Water Bug and they actually can inflict a pretty painful bite. So it's now laying dead on my shop floor, with a 2x4 on top of it.....and bricks....oh and I sprayed it with about 10oz of bug killer. LOL!
To be safe I'd also take a torch to it. He might not be dead yet.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Spiders. I shoot spiders.

It took me a long time but I finally figured out what the deal is ... it's the legs. I get along more or less ok with things with 2 legs. Usually I do ok with things with 4 legs .. dogs, cats, horses, cows. 6 legs is gettin' sketchy ... ants, yellowjackets. 8 legs ... spiders, scorpions, etc. Millipedes, centipedes ... hate 'em.

As you might guess, I get along ok with snakes ... 'cause they don't have any [expletive deleted] legs!!

My GF ... her freak out button is triggered by mice. We have a deal. She kills the spiders (probably 'cause she doesn't want holes shot in her walls) and I take care of the mice. It works.

·
Registered
39,682 Posts
Had a deer stick its nose in my ear, middle of the night while camping at Marion Lake. SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF......

Thought there was a rattle snake in my sleeping bag while camping on upper John Day.

Two Mountain Lions walked withing three feet of me in my sleeping bag at Ann Lake.

Woke up in the middle of the night at Marion Lake with a mouse kicking dirt in my face.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Had a deer stick its nose in my ear, middle of the night while camping at Marion Lake. SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF......

Thought there was a rattle snake in my sleeping bag while camping on upper John Day.

Two Mountain Lions walked withing three feet of me in my sleeping bag at Ann Lake.

Woke up in the middle of the night at Marion Lake with a mouse kicking dirt in my face.
Dog you need to get camper.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Maybe stay away from Marion Lake.

·
Registered
39,682 Posts
Didn't scream like a little girl but definitely made noises....

First, I don't like high places. Standing on a chair to change a light bulb is about all I can handle.

Our last New Zealand trip we were on our way to the river for a jet boat ride on a small bus. Part of the one lane road was carved into the side of a cliff. The problem is when you meet another vehicle going the other way and you have to get past each other. I know half the tire tread was in the air and not on the road. Was just no other way. The boat ride was ho hum........... Had seen lots of videos of those crazy folks from down under doing skinny water (and dry land) in tiny jet boats.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
I was in Yellowstone Saturday and we just went in the east gate I had to pee real bad so I pulled over and told the wife I was going to walk into the woods just a little. didn't want to give the public an eye full. we were maybe 600 yards from the gate. I unzipped and began to pee when a Grizzly stood up and I screamed like a little girl scared me big time. It turned and ran and then I did to.

·
Registered
382 Posts
For me it is setting mouse traps. We got some cheap ones, I would set them and slide them under the stove. Just inches from where i wanted it TWAPPT!!!. Scares the crap out of me every time.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you look at my next couple of posts it’s called a Giant Water Bug and apparently they are in nearly all waterbodies in North America. And accordingly to what I read they give a very painful non-venomous sting if you get too close to them.
Whoops... Got it thx

41 - 58 of 58 Posts