IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Ticks crawling on me...maybe not a scream, but a freak-out lol. Grabbing onto something and not noticing the wasp nest on the other side...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I found out on my recent trip to Wyoming with one of my best buds on his Moose hunt! He took his bull earlier in the day and we finally were back on the pavement at 5:30 pm and 2 hours of driving ahead of us. We got almost back to camp and were pushing right along on a gravel road when all of a sudden the white paddles of a Moose appears out of the darkness and ditch line with a trajectory angling in front of the pickup! Moose, was not the words I made, but my buddy caught on quickly as he slid the pickup and leaned his body toward the center of the P/U, he also made a very similar sound as I was making! Luckily for us the moose changed course faster than we could and we did not collide, but it was close.
Ask Nicole some time about her experience with a moose and a 1988 Jeep Cherokee.

-E-

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
We were riding the Shotover jet boat in New Zealand. Bunch of Japanese screaming. Wife comment to driver. They scream like little girls. As to animals and trucks. My new 2019 Denali 2500. Returning from Utah, spent a night at a kokanee lake. Luckily going slow coming out the road and young doe runs in front of truck. Hit doe and roll her in to ditch. She gets up and runs off. Figure new truck, 5k miles on it needs a new grill. Did not even leave a hair on the front. Absolutely no damage.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
View attachment 964610 View attachment 964611 View attachment 964612
[/QUOTE]
Not a fan either! Since moving to S. Oregon, big groty spiders are the norm. Have a big Wolf spider out front that I have had conversations with on warm evenings. Took out 3 Widows in the house the first week. Nothing like having a Giant House spider on your bath towel getting out of the shower, along with the Hobo's in the wood pile.

Outside, spiders are fine. In the house, their ass is mine. 😉 View attachment 964610 View attachment 964611 View attachment 964612
The last 4 years I haven’t seen any Hobos in Baker. About 6 weeks ago I was sleeping and got woke up by what sounded like a mouse crawling around. I flipped my reading light only to find it was a HUGE hobo crawling on notebook paper on my nightstand right next to my head. Needless he lost his life and ever since we have been finding them everywhere. Don’t know where the hell they came from but I am NOT happy about it, lol!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
And now I just found this on the wall of my gun room. It’s 3.5” long and 3/4” wide…..WTH???
Insect Arthropod Pollinator Font Pest

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Never have seen one of those .Looks like a scorpion hybrid 😳
My son just pointed out that its a Giant Water Bug and they actually can inflict a pretty painful bite. So it's now laying dead on my shop floor, with a 2x4 on top of it.....and bricks....oh and I sprayed it with about 10oz of bug killer. LOL!

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
My son just pointed out that its a Giant Water Bug and they actually can inflict a pretty painful bite. So it's now laying dead on my shop floor, with a 2x4 on top of it.....and bricks....oh and I sprayed it with about 10oz of bug killer. LOL!
Interesting creature 😳

·
Registered
39,670 Posts
Going back to my ice comment. Have had several experiences but here's just a couple.

Headed south on 185th, around half way between 26 and TV Hwy. It was kind of wet in the shade and cold. Said to the wife, the road is going to turn to ice any second and I started to slow down. We were already in it but kept the car sort of under control. Traffic was moving pretty good and I could see cars ahead doing some sliding around. Nobody hit anyone but I didn't look in the mirror to see what was going on behind us. It can happen that quick. Wet one second, ice the next.

Kelly Jobes and I were headed out on a Chukar hunt, going south on 97. It was light out but sun wasn't up yet. Highway was a little frosty is some spots but not terrible. Was paying attention. Went around a slight bend at the bottom of a hill and the back end of the truck started to come around but kept it in our lane. I put the right tires on the gravel shoulder for traction and headed up the hill. Another pickup with canopy came over the top in the opposite direction, lost control and was all over the highway. It was just about stopped with the back end over the shoulder but just before coming to a rest, it hit one of those raised roads that farmers use to get from the highway to their fields... and it did a slow motion roll over. Must have been ten people in the truck, nobody hurt because they were just about stopped. I pulled way off the highway on that thing the other pickup hit and got out to check on folks. A semi heads down the hill and he's all over the place but he stayed on the pavement. I bet he screamed like a little girl. Then another pickup that stayed on the pavement. Road crew shows up with a sander but it couldn't make it up the hill because the driver wouldn't put the right wheels in the gravel. Said to Kelly, we could get killed just standing around here, lets go. It was pretty creepy. We took off and went over to the Deschutes and shot some Chukars.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts