IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found out on my recent trip to Wyoming with one of my best buds on his Moose hunt! He took his bull earlier in the day and we finally were back on the pavement at 5:30 pm and 2 hours of driving ahead of us. We got almost back to camp and were pushing right along on a gravel road when all of a sudden the white paddles of a Moose appears out of the darkness and ditch line with a trajectory angling in front of the pickup! Moose, was not the words I made, but my buddy caught on quickly as he slid the pickup and leaned his body toward the center of the P/U, he also made a very similar sound as I was making! Luckily for us the moose changed course faster than we could and we did not collide, but it was close.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Snakes…..snakes make me scream and cry like a little girl

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Nothing really, but broken bones really do hurt.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
When I find out all the toilet paper is gone at o dark thirty.
Then walk into the kitchen clinching and reaching for the paper towels. o_O

Nice sarcasm Rank
Think I woulda chit bricks

·
Registered
12,444 Posts
I pucker a bit when sliding sideways on ice........
I did a 360 once on the Wilson river highway. In the dark of course. Once I quit sliding and realized I had hit nothing and there was no other traffic, I put the Chevy L.U.V. in first and headed for home.

The only thing that comes to mind that makes me make girly sounds is something completely startling me when I'm in the dark. In the woods walking out in the dark or in a dark barn when something falls on you. High pitched noises have been known to come out of me........

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sky Natural landscape Agriculture Plant Mountain

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

·
Registered
9,607 Posts
Hobo Spiders running up my arm when I am using a sawzall to remove old deck boards. Had about 5-6 of them on me and I was NOT happy about it. I'd rather be shot or stabbed...... :)
Not a fan either! Since moving to S. Oregon, big groty spiders are the norm. Have a big Wolf spider out front that I have had conversations with on warm evenings. Took out 3 Widows in the house the first week. Nothing like having a Giant House spider on your bath towel getting out of the shower, along with the Hobo's in the wood pile.

Outside, spiders are fine. In the house, their ass is mine. 😉
Insect Arthropod Spider Black widow Natural material
Arthropod Insect Green Organism Spider
Wood Fixture Door Line Dead bolt

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is NOT the type of habitat I would've expected to see a moose in!?
Yeah, it was surprising. It was where we saw the most Moose. There also are scattered Aspen groves that I'm sure they shelter in. The bull my buddy shot was bedded in the sage, in a little pocket, but his white paddles made it easier to spot him. Talking to a local who directed us to the area we killed the bull was convinced the wolves were driving the moose into the sage.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts