IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50 years ago today back in 1971 Dan Cooper bailed out over the Northwest.,
What do you think ever happened to him? I think he got wrapped in in the parachute cords and ended up on the bottom of the Columbia.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
50 years ago today back in 1971 Dan Cooper bailed out over the Northwest.,
What do you think ever happened to him? I think he got wrapped in in the parachute cords and ended up on the bottom of the Columbia.
Exactly! I have seen several investigative documentaries on DB Cooper and because of the airplane's planned flight path, they dismiss the idea that he landed in the Columbia River. But some of the money was found on the banks of the river several years later, so it makes sense that Cooper was with the money when it landed in the river. It is intriguing that with missing persons reports, family and others who knew him, that we still do not know who he was.

·
Premium Member
14,550 Posts
If I were involved in this situation, I would have made sure that the parachutes he was provided were packed so that they would fail to deploy properly, ensuring his demise with a very abrupt stop on contact with Earth.

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
The wad of cash buried at Teena Bar (just upstream from Frenchman's Bar) never seemed to make much sense.

IF the precise location of where that buried cash was found is still known, then it seems it would be a simple matter to overlay the Columbia River's height(s) (plural due to tidal effect) the evening he jumped. If it were dry, then someone had to bury it.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I think he survived and made away with a whole whopping 5,800$ . The 2 20$ decayed traceable bills that were discovered by the boy scouter in 1980? Seems odd no other 20$ bills were found in the area. None... skydivers saying the jump was easily survivable and have offered to replicate it?
Yeah, he survived

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think he survived and made away with a whole whopping 5,800$ . The 2 20$ decayed traceable bills that were discovered by the boy scouter in 1980? Seems odd no other 20$ bills were found in the area. None... skydivers saying the jump was easily survivable and have offered to replicate it?
Yeah, he survived
D,B, Cooper , Tanja Harding , The Orange People , exploding whales , The New Carissa . Who says we can not compete with Florida ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts