IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reported a couple of jet skiers at the Toledo boat ramp that had lost power of their craft, one of which were being taken upstream on the tide from the ramp. The one without a wetsuit jumped from the ramp and tried to swim to the other guy with the craft. The local fire dept was dispatched to the ramp just as the two had gotten the craft to the ramp after finally getting out of the current and back to the ramp. My question is when should one summon help? Did I do the right thing? Or was I jumping the gun so to speak? The swimmer that went to the aid of his friend had nothing but swim trunks on, and didn't look like he was an olympic swimmer. The water is very cold here...can you say hypothermia? Is summoning the rescue folks out there for this not neccesary? or do I have to wait until someone dissapears from the water? I hate to burdon the rescue/police/EMT people to something that may be not an issue, but what the heck, I'm a fool, and they're still alive.... and I guess that if was a problem, they (help) were there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.