IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Thought you all might enjoy seeing some of these pics from the land of 10,000 lakes. I just got back a few days ago we did some bass and northern pike fishing. We were getting the bass on buzzbaits and on spinnerbaits. There were going crazy at one point i got 4 bass on four casts on the top water buzzbaits right at dusk.

For the pike we mainly trolled the weedlines with spinnerbaits we had multiple doubles and then on the last day we got two over 32" back to back. We made one pass over my lucky spot picked up the smaller one and then turned right back around and picked up the bigger one.

If any of you are ever back that way around central minnesota and looking for good fishing my parents have a resort right on the lake and you could get an ifish special or something we could work out.

Anyways hope you enjoy the change of scenery....!

the first pic is my best northern
the second pic is me my lady katie and my sister
the third pic is one of katies largemouths
the 4th pic is one of my topwater largemouths
the 5th was just a fun stack on pan fryers and yes northern is delicious if you know how to use that fillet knife....

all bass were revived and released unharmed!!!

tight lines ya'll

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
How did those pike taste? look yummy but I have never had one

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they taste very good if you debone them properly and use that shore lunch breading and pan fry them. One of my uncles (an avid walleye fisherman) used to say they tasted terrible and then we made him do a blind taste test and he picked the northern as the best tasting one. Now he is a believer:grin:

·
Registered
848 Posts
skroverjd,

Nice pics! :applause:

Wow, those pics bring back many memory's of fishing for Northern pike as a kid or young man back in Minnesota. So Much fun and excitement when a large Northern hits a spinner or a top water lure. :dance:

Beautiful area, what area of Minnesota were you in?

My only question is where are all the mosquitoes :grin: :laugh:

Thanks for posting!

Nathan aka Natester

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
detroit lakes area if you know where that is. THe name of the lake we were fishing is called rose lake.

YOu are right i believe a large northern is one of the best lure strikers there is!

And thanks for the appreciation of the pics!:cheers:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice area, love thew sunset pics. My family had a cabin between Portage and Crooked Lakes in Central Minnesota, it is about 8 miles west of Lake Mille Lacs Lake. Went to College in Bemidji. I have been through the Detroit Lakes area many times.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
awesome memories and nice looking fish.....and you have a girl that fishes!!!...life cannot get any better than that!!!!...hope to toss a line with you both real soon.......congrats!!!!!!:meme:ElizabethAnne :)

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Good work,
I speant my summers in grade school in the Detroit Lakes area, love it there. You are right on about those Northerns, deboned as good as walleye and loads of fun to catch.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
We lived on Pike Lake outside Duluth in the 60s when I was in the AF. I loved it there, fishing every day off our own dock and later a small boat.

Minnesota has that special "flavor" of the true north woods outdoors.

Northerns were steady table fare for us also. Crappies were in abundance and huge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts